Does Reflect-Tex work? Help!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Bernard Shaw
(be_here_now@earthlink.net) - F

Locale: Upstate New York
Does Reflect-Tex work? Help! on 02/08/2007 08:34:24 MST Print View

Hi BPL'ers. TG offers products with Reflect-Tex fabric. They feel it is factually helpufl What might you all know or think about this?

Their statement:

We are very excited about Reflect-Tex, this 1.1oz base fabric has a silicone-uerathane coating applied to it,
with thermal/solar reflective properties. This fabric has the same weight and characteristics of sil-nylon, with
added heat and light reflectance

Brett .
(Brett1234) - F

Locale: CA
Who is TG? edit:Titanium goat on 02/08/2007 09:33:14 MST Print View

Who is TG? edit: ah..Titanium goat.. Their 'Crazy Diamond' tent won't keep out the snake on that product page.. ironic. ;)

Edited by Brett1234 on 02/08/2007 10:03:17 MST.

Thomas Knighton
(Tomcat1066) - F

Locale: Southwest GA
TG? on 02/08/2007 09:38:34 MST Print View

Is TG Titanium Goat? I think I remember that blurb from their website.

Tom

Gene .
(Tracker)

Locale: New England
Re: Who is TG? The trade name is reflectix on 02/08/2007 09:50:12 MST Print View

'TG' IS Titanium Goat, and they are making new gear from the Reflectix material. My understanding is that this fabric is useful in areas of high Sun, and or use in tarps in front of campfires to reflect heat; with the usual caveats of fire and fabric.

I have'nt heard from them since they were moving into their new building and putting a more solid roof on the place. I was exchanging emails with them about this fabric; and some suggestions for new shelter types that might benefit from being contructed with this fabric.

David Wills
(willspower3) - F
Re: Re: Who is TG? The trade name is reflectix on 02/08/2007 14:00:30 MST Print View

I made a tarp and 2 emergency bivy/ VB bags out of it. Along with the aforementioned purposes, I would add using it for space blanket purposes- VB bag booster, emergency shelter, etc. It has a lot of durability to offer vs. space blankets.