November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Easton Mountain Products CTR-70 Trekking Poles Review
Display Avatars Sort By:
Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Easton Mountain Products CTR-70 Trekking Poles Review on 03/27/2012 13:43:29 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

Easton Mountain Products CTR-70 Trekking Poles Review

Mark Olah

Locale: New Mexico
Repairing broken trekking poles. on 03/28/2012 09:07:05 MDT Print View

Great review Ray! I'd be interested to hear if you are able to easily get a replacement section for your broken pole, and how easy the repair is. I do a lot of off-trail bushwhacking and have broken my fair share of poles. After taking a fall like you describe, you pretty much have to expect a broken pole. However the nice thing about the BD poles is that you can buy all the replacement sections (and baskets) easily from their website. Once I figured that out I was able to repair 3 old sets, and now I'm less concerned if I do need to sacrifice a pole to prevent/arrest a fall.

Jeremy Platt
(jeremy089786) - F

Locale: Sydney
Nice on 03/28/2012 21:30:07 MDT Print View

Great Review! Seems like they might be the perfect poles to turn into packraft paddles?

Raymond Estrella
(rayestrella) - MLife

Locale: Northern Minnesota
replacement on 04/10/2012 13:39:24 MDT Print View

Hi Mark,

Sorry to take so long to answer this. I destroyed my ankle and have really been out of it.

Yes they did send me a replacement section. I plan to be beating them up again next winter. (Fingers crossed;-)