Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Dear Chris Wallace, prepare for the Influx of fanatic tweens
Display Avatars Sort By:
Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Dear Chris Wallace, prepare for the Influx of fanatic tweens on 03/27/2012 12:47:38 MDT Print View

This gave me a chuckle...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/26/travel/hunger-games-travel/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re: Dear Chris Wallace, prepare for the Influx of fanatic tweens on 03/27/2012 12:50:48 MDT Print View

Haha. Thanks. I knew a lot of it was filmed in Dupont (a quick drive from here). I'm more interested in Last of the Mohicans hikes myself. :-)

Steven Hanlon
(asciibaron) - F

Locale: Mid Atlantic
huh on 03/27/2012 13:03:03 MDT Print View

what is a Hunger Games?

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: huh on 03/27/2012 13:05:42 MDT Print View

Google is your friend....

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: huh on 03/27/2012 13:06:31 MDT Print View

Got kids, Steven? Bet they will know. :)

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Re: Re: huh on 03/27/2012 13:09:58 MDT Print View

haha, although a bit embarrassing, I will admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the Hunger Games, even as a 27 year old. Might not be the most original story (Lord of the Flies meets Battle Royal) but hot Damn, it was a page turner. I will probably catch this flick.

Ben Crocker
(alexdrewreed) - M

Locale: Kentucky
Hunger Games on 03/27/2012 13:27:22 MDT Print View

I'm not embarrassed at all that I read and loved all 3 books. They all well-written, not the mush of the Twilight series. There is a good reason they are the 3 best-sellers. The heroine is strong and independent-something you don't often see portrayed in any media. I have sons, but Katniss is an incredible role for a young woman character. I'm almost afraid to see the movie. It could ruin the characters created by the book. Who am I kidding; I'll go see it.

Ben Crocker
(alexdrewreed) - M

Locale: Kentucky
Dupont on 03/27/2012 13:34:36 MDT Print View

And DuPont is the perfect place to film the scene from the games. Its described as being bright green and a waterfall plays a prominent role.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Re: Hunger Games on 03/27/2012 13:39:56 MDT Print View

haha you're right Ben, no need for feeling embarrassed. As a matter of fact, adults of all ages are definitely eating it up. In the past year, I've personally recognized the book as being the hands-down most commonly spotted book read on the Boston subway by your typical "9 to 5" commuter.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Hunger Games on 03/27/2012 13:43:14 MDT Print View

"I'm almost afraid to see the movie. It could ruin the characters created by the book. Who am I kidding; I'll go see it."

A good friend who adored the books went to see the movie last night. She said it did not disappoint.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Hunger Games on 03/27/2012 14:10:29 MDT Print View

My daughter loved the books and she liked the movie as well. She was glad it did not depict the violence as she had read it. She also read the Twilight series and enjoyed that but the movies, particularly the last one almost seemed like a parody.
I am curios myself.