Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB Platypus Little Nipper
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
WTB Platypus Little Nipper on 02/07/2007 23:36:29 MST Print View

Platypus Little Nipper (12oz bladder) - Anyone got an extra that they want to sell?

Edited by ben2world on 02/07/2007 23:46:05 MST.

Brett .
(Brett1234) - F

Locale: CA
Ben, alternate bottle on 02/08/2007 01:56:19 MST Print View

If no one wants to part with their beloved fuel bottle, there is a similar product in all the outdoors stores here; in various small sizes. Avaliable in just the bottle, or in an insulated sleeve. Ill check capacities next time I'm in an outdoor store.. uh, which should be within 24 hours :)

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: Mini Bladders on 02/08/2007 10:30:40 MST Print View

Thanks, Brett. I only know about the Platy 12 oz., but am interested in different brands of "mini bladders" that come in same or smaller sizes as well.

Edited by ben2world on 02/08/2007 10:39:20 MST.

Mark Verber
(verber) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Re: Mini Bladders on 02/08/2007 11:05:52 MST Print View

Can't have mine! I also just discovered they discontinued the little nipper because I was looking for a second: my wife wanted to steal mine as part of her traveling pantry for family trips.

Platypus is selling a slightly larger, 16oz container which is what I will get for my wife since the 12oz are no longer available.

Ben... if you really want to find one you might also keep your eyes open for the platypus "bar" which (if my memory serves me) was three little nippers in a nylon carrying case.

--mark

Adam McFarren
(amcfarre) - F
Platy Little Nipper FS on 02/08/2007 11:12:13 MST Print View

Ben,

I've got one (complete with a set of the Red spout caps sold on this site) I'd be willing to part with. I'd like to sell it with the spout caps. If you're interested go ahead and PM me.

-adam

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: Platy Little Nipper FS on 02/08/2007 11:49:16 MST Print View

Adam:

I just sent you a PM. Thanks.

I am still interested in what Brett might find... :)

Edited by ben2world on 02/08/2007 13:49:25 MST.

Pat Rabun
(prabun) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Lil Nipper on 02/08/2007 19:58:52 MST Print View

If anyone else has one they could part with, I`d like one too. Thanks

Brian James
(bjamesd) - F

Locale: South Coast of BC
re: lil' nipper wanted on 02/08/2007 21:45:46 MST Print View

They sell these retail in Canada. If anyone really has trouble finding one, I'd be happy to go buy you a new one and ship it. Just cover my costs. (I don't know how much they are.)

The caveat of course is that you're paying for shipping and whatever duty is assessed. But if ya gotta have it, ya gotta have it!

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: lil' nipper wanted on 02/08/2007 22:13:24 MST Print View

Hi Brian:

I just secured one so I am happy -- but thanks for your offer! For anyone interested, postage between Canada and the US is very reasonable. For "onesies and twosies" -- if Brian can fill in the customs form to include the word "GIFT" -- mailing them to the US should incur no duty at all.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: WTB Platypus Little Nipper on 02/08/2007 22:22:12 MST Print View

Doh! Ben! I bought a MSR Bar kit at a "employees only" garage sale. Er, cough, lets just say I have a friend who, er, you know ;-) Anyhoo, he took me to the sale, and I got the kit for next to nothing. It has 4 of them in it! All never used. You want it? Uh, I have NO idea why I bought it........stupid good sales and all. But yet, somehow I didn't buy any of the Ridgerest and Z-Rests that were oh, $5 each factory sealed. I am sooo dumb!

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: WTB Platypus Little Nipper on 02/08/2007 22:31:33 MST Print View

Hi Sarah:

No, not dumb at all. Z-rest and Ridgerest aren't really all that comfortable...

As mentioned above, I secured one Nipper already (thanks, Adam!). But reading the posts above, it looks like Mark Verber and Pat Rabin both want one. Separately, C-Ray and QHShowoman from Backpacker forum also want one. That's four right there! :)

Edited by ben2world on 02/08/2007 22:34:33 MST.

Steve .
(pappekak) - F

Locale: Tralfamadore
Re: Re: WTB Platypus Little Nipper on 02/08/2007 22:33:13 MST Print View

I want one as well.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Re: Re: Re: WTB Platypus Little Nipper on 02/08/2007 23:14:27 MST Print View

Let the begging begin ;-) Hehheh!!

Chad Mason
(porch13) - M

Locale: Arizona
Lil' Nipper Wanted on 02/09/2007 08:42:03 MST Print View

I've also been looking high and low for a Little Nipper. If you have one to part with, just tell me where to send the money!

Thank you!

Thomas Knighton
(Tomcat1066) - F

Locale: Southwest GA
Lil Nipper on 02/09/2007 08:49:51 MST Print View

I was looking for one before I ended up getting the .5L Platy sports bottle. I KNEW I should have waited ;)

Tom

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Re: Lil' Nipper Wanted on 02/09/2007 09:20:09 MST Print View

Sent you back a PM :-)
Btw, I have FOUR lil' Nippers, as they came in the Bar set. The Bar itself is insulated.
Ya know, had I known they were hard to find I'd had bought a ton of them! The Beverage Bars? They had a huge box full of them at that sale! Doh!

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Re: Re: Lil' Nipper Wanted on 02/09/2007 09:48:20 MST Print View

Thank you, Chad!:-) All gone!

Thomas Knighton
(Tomcat1066) - F

Locale: Southwest GA
Re: Re: Re: Lil' Nipper Wanted on 02/09/2007 09:52:12 MST Print View

Dang! That was fast! Didn't give the rest of us a chance at one ;)

Tom

Steve .
(pappekak) - F

Locale: Tralfamadore
Alternate Fuel Container on 02/09/2007 10:19:22 MST Print View

Not nearly as light but it does have a measuring cup. Weighs 1.9oz and holds 18oz of fuel.

ActContainer

Brian James
(bjamesd) - F

Locale: South Coast of BC
Lil' Nipper on 02/09/2007 11:52:51 MST Print View

Well I've got 1 private message requesting one of these so far. My Dad's in town for the weekend so I'm going to go down to the store that sells them on Monday.

If anyone else wants one, send me a private message and I'll add you to Santa's shopping list.

It occurred to me that if I de-package these they'll fit in a regular envelope. That might get around some of the customs and duties hassles. I think postage to the US is $0.95 CAD.

Let me know!

Brian

PS I am assuming that these are discontinued? I am remembering seeing these on the wall of a store a couple of weeks ago, so be warned that I am only *assuming* that there are still some there! Don't let me give you false hope...