Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
The bare naked truth
Display Avatars Sort By:
paul johnson
(pj) - F

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest
The bare naked truth on 02/07/2007 15:39:02 MST Print View

What's up with BPL lately?

We've got Skurka in his birthday suit (what? y'all didn't know he was born with a pack on his back, as well as trekking poles, gloves, beanie, & footgear - lends new meaning to the term a natural born thru-hiker, or is that borne natural thru-hiker)...

and

Reitveld nearly "mooning" readers in the shower while wearing a Jam^2 and obligatory ball cap.

What's next a calendar of BPL hunks? Or, will BPL become one of those "revealing" shows on Japanese television?

Move over Chippendales! The Men with Packs are here!

Maybe they'll be featured in the next Warmlite catalog?

Wonder if this new trend in BPL photographic art will increase female membership, or hurt it? Only time will tell...

Edited by pj on 02/07/2007 15:58:32 MST.

Steve .
(pappekak) - F

Locale: Tralfamadore
Re: The bare naked truth on 02/07/2007 15:52:52 MST Print View

Will was probably measuring "Skin Out Weight" before he decided to test the water proofness of the bag.

Anyway the picture caption should read: "Rietveld Revealed", or "Weather Proofing: Getting to the Bottom of It"

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: The bare naked truth on 02/07/2007 16:59:54 MST Print View

Wasn't Will testing the wind chill factor, first dousing himself and the pack with cold water (that was a cold shower wasn't it? HE-MEN don't take hot showers when they have their packs on!) and then stepping outside into the winter winds to see which would freeze first, himself or the Jam2? I hear the local nudist conglomeration is thinking of entering into a contract with GoLite, claiming there is no group lighter and more qualified for unencumbered locomotion than they are and that GoLite would be hard put finding any lighter materials...

Will Rietveld
(WilliWabbit) - MLife

Locale: Southwest Colorado
Re: The bare naked truth on 02/18/2007 06:22:59 MST Print View

Hey, a guy has to have a little fun once in a while! My wife was laughing so hard she couldn't hold the camera still. To make the photo meet BPL's high modesty standards, she did a little work in Adobe Photoshop to make the lower part blurry. BPL is focused on function, not fannies. Besides, you were supposed to be looking at the pack!

While I'm confessing, I did hike naked one time in the Grand Canyon, in the same area that Colin Fletcher did. It was fun, but there were certain disadvantages :). I would post a photo, but it was taken with a film camera (remember them?).

Best, Will

Edited by WilliWabbit on 02/18/2007 06:23:33 MST.

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
The bare naked truth on 02/18/2007 09:52:10 MST Print View

You have to forgive him. Old habits die hard. I've heard rumors that Will used to work for Stephenson Warmlight; something to do with catalogue productions.............:D

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Locale: pacific northwest
Re: The bare naked truth on 02/20/2007 16:09:38 MST Print View

It's probably an unfounded rumor but I think BPL is gearing up to offer a nudes of ultralight backpacking calender in the gear shop.
All our favorite editors in scenic locales displaying true ultra lightness, Ryan's doing the special Christmas centerfold shoot right now, double page matte print suitable for framing.

Rick Cheehy
(kilgoretrout2317) - F

Locale: Virginia
Re: Re: The bare naked truth on 05/24/2009 13:10:57 MDT Print View

Rain chaps, just rain chaps. ok maybe cuben fiber pasties with spectra cord streamers.

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: The bare naked truth on 05/24/2009 13:28:36 MDT Print View

Bob,
That's a good one.

Lynn Tramper
(retropump) - F

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna
Re: Re: The bare naked truth on 05/24/2009 14:33:51 MDT Print View

I think the bare naked truth is that BPL is moving towards promotion of the absolute lightest "skin-out" weights. Going naked is the ultimate in SUL.

Rick Cheehy
(kilgoretrout2317) - F

Locale: Virginia
Re: Re: Re: The bare naked truth on 05/24/2009 16:36:41 MDT Print View

Les Stroud would do it.

Denis Hazlewood
(redleader) - MLife

Locale: Luxury-Light Luke on the Llano Azul
Re: The bare naked truth on 05/25/2009 19:18:11 MDT Print View

"The Men with Packs are here!" And they're "Trail Hardened!"

Edited by redleader on 05/25/2009 19:25:56 MDT.