Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Trip Report: Rockfish Gap to Jennings Creek
Display Avatars Sort By:
George Davis
(nsiderbam) - F - M

Locale: mid-Atlantic
Trip Report: Rockfish Gap to Jennings Creek on 03/25/2012 10:12:44 MDT Print View

link: http://nsiderbam.blogspot.com/2012/03/trip-report-spring-break-2012-rockfish.html

Recently went on a 5-night, 105-mile trip with two friends from school for spring break. We had a great time and enjoyed the trip much better than our first backpacking trip the year before (the one that hooked me on this hobby in the first place). I attribute most of the increase in fun and comfortability to our ultralight approach, better planning, and lessons learned from all the trips I've taken since, as not having to lug 45lb packs up and down mountains with no idea of when you'll finish or if you have enough food isn't really that fun.

Anyway, enjoy! I'd love any comments or subscribers to my blog. Also, I'l be posting a more technical report soon, detailing all the gear I took, how each piece faired, what I learned from the trip, and what I'm planning on doing differently for the JMT this summer.

Edited by nsiderbam on 03/26/2012 13:31:42 MDT.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: Trip Report: Rockfish Gap to Jennings Creek on 04/10/2012 19:43:57 MDT Print View

Nice report. It looked like you guys had fun and some fabulous weather. Also enjoyed the trip report from Zion...you're mixing it up a bit.
Tom