Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
New England GGG #3 Springtime!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Bryce F.
(bster13) - MLife

Locale: Norwalk, CT
Whites in August on 06/04/2012 22:39:49 MDT Print View

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=64846

Kari Post
(karipost) - MLife

Locale: New Hampshire
I'd be interested in joining on 06/05/2012 06:41:00 MDT Print View

I'd be interested in hiking the Monadnock-Sunapee trail at a more relaxed pace. I'm used to leading groups so we typically log days not more than 12 miles or so, and usually far less, as opposed to 20+. I also like to take my time, smell the flowers, and take photos.

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
Re: I'd be interested in joining on 06/05/2012 07:25:18 MDT Print View

Kari,

A few hiking friends that I've told about the trail have said the same to me, so we're looking at going out for a full 3-day excursion, possibly in July. The terrain is fairly mild (especially for those of us used to hiking in the Whites), so doing the roughly 18mi days is not as bad as it may sound, especially with the sections of boring dirt back roads...

Adam Klagsbrun
(klags) - MLife

Locale: Northeast US
July hike in the ADK high peaks? on 06/09/2012 15:18:04 MDT Print View

Anyone interested in an August hike in the whites/pemi wilderness? I am looking at the possibility of the ridge along lafayette and then maybe dipping down back onto the other side and into the pemi wilderness and doing a long loop? Not looking for crazy mileage but I just did a weekend along the Dix range in the ADK's and I'm looking to find something else awesome to hike this summer.

bruce thibeault
(brucetbo) - M

Locale: New England
Monadnock Sunapee Greenway in September/October on 06/09/2012 16:34:43 MDT Print View

Im planning on hiking the Monadnock Sunapee Greenway in September or early October. The more the merrier I say, but this will be only my second trip to this part of New Hampshire and I want to take in as much as I can, so I wont be doing any high mileage days. If this sounds good to you....

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
Re: July hike in the ADK high peaks? on 06/09/2012 17:26:40 MDT Print View

Adam, I'm up that way all the time, post as trip announcement and if I'm available to join you I'll let you know.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: July hike in the ADK high peaks? on 06/09/2012 20:38:46 MDT Print View

Hi Adam,

If it was at the end of August I may be able to attend, it's a 10 hour drive me for me so would make a long weekend of it.

Cheers,

Stephen