I considered the VT and Talon 44 but ended up with an ULA Circuit. I think the Circuit's great for that weight range and volume, and the materials just seemed much more durable. After a year-and-a-half, I'm very happy with my decision. My trailhead packweight is typically in the 20-23lb range but I've carried 35lb easily in the Circuit (2 gallons of water...)
Things I noted:
- Granite Gear has the most comfortable hip pads
- I didn't like the super-long extension collar on the VT; much prefer the Circuit's
- Compared to the other two, the Talon44 seemed incredibly fussy with pockets and straps *everywhere*, but if you like a highly "organized" pack, you might prefer that
- The VP required the most careful packing
- Water bottle pockets on the Circuit are the most useable
I have an older women's Jam2 and a Peak. Both of these are much smaller volume than the VP/Talon44/Circuit. Better suited, imo, for loads up to about 20lb. That said, I really like the Peak for light loads; fits me well, has a nice low profile that I like and has just enough pockets and such to be an all-around versatile pack.