Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Brooks Range Mountaineering Down gear at theclymb.com
Display Avatars Sort By:
Matt Allen
(zeroforhire) - MLife
Brooks Range Mountaineering Down gear at theclymb.com on 03/20/2012 10:36:34 MDT Print View

Great deals on some great down gear.

Down Alpini hooded pullover $130
Elephants foot sleeping bag $120

Baledeo 15 gram knife $14

plus lots more. That hooded pullover is a fantastic piece of gear.

click my invite
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/MattAllen

(full disclosure... I get a $10 credit if you order under my invite)

Edited by zeroforhire on 03/20/2012 10:39:29 MDT.

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Baladeo 15g $13 + shipping, Klymit inertia X-frame $55 + shipping on 03/20/2012 10:48:56 MDT Print View

They've also got the Baledeo 15g knife for $13 + shipping (another $8...), and the Klymit inertia X-frame for $55 + shipping. I have a Baladeo 22g knife and like it - I rarely use a knife when backpacking, but it's good enough for when I do.

Does anyone have experience with the elephants foot bag? At 16oz and a rating of 15F, I'm thinking it might pair nicely with my Rab infinity down jacket for late fall/early spring trips.

Matt Allen
(zeroforhire) - MLife
elephants foot on 03/20/2012 10:55:00 MDT Print View

I have had a feathered friends Viero in the past (similar idea) and I liked it. It is great for summer climbs. Be sure to pair it with a decent down hoody, and you should be fine.

I know that Brooks Range Mountaineering makes really high quality gear, so I am pretty confident that this elephants foot down bag would meet your expectations.

Edited by zeroforhire on 03/20/2012 10:56:23 MDT.

Chad Helmke
(the-gear-recycler) - MLife

Locale: High Rockies
BR Elephant Foot on 03/20/2012 11:35:37 MDT Print View

I've had the Elephants Foot for a couple of years and while I wouldn't probably take it if temps were expected as low as 15°, it sleeps well to 25°ish and is very well made and super lofty. And that's the cheapest I've ever seen it so go for it I say! You would at least get your money back out of it if you didn't like it at that price. Do it!

Kyle Nelson
(.ghost.) - F
Good looking stuff on 03/20/2012 12:01:26 MDT Print View

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the anorak hoodie. Would this piece be suitable for low activity levels down to 0 - 5F?

Matt Allen
(zeroforhire) - MLife
hoody on 03/20/2012 12:50:40 MDT Print View

@Kyle

It probably depends on your output (ie, if you are moving and active)

You could size up for layering, and then it should probably be good to zero.