Display Avatars Sort By:
Matt Allen
(zeroforhire) - MLife
Brooks Range Mountaineering Down gear at on 03/20/2012 10:36:34 MDT Print View

Great deals on some great down gear.

Down Alpini hooded pullover $130
Elephants foot sleeping bag $120

Baledeo 15 gram knife $14

plus lots more. That hooded pullover is a fantastic piece of gear.

click my invite

(full disclosure... I get a $10 credit if you order under my invite)

Edited by zeroforhire on 03/20/2012 10:39:29 MDT.

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Baladeo 15g $13 + shipping, Klymit inertia X-frame $55 + shipping on 03/20/2012 10:48:56 MDT Print View

They've also got the Baledeo 15g knife for $13 + shipping (another $8...), and the Klymit inertia X-frame for $55 + shipping. I have a Baladeo 22g knife and like it - I rarely use a knife when backpacking, but it's good enough for when I do.

Does anyone have experience with the elephants foot bag? At 16oz and a rating of 15F, I'm thinking it might pair nicely with my Rab infinity down jacket for late fall/early spring trips.

Matt Allen
(zeroforhire) - MLife
elephants foot on 03/20/2012 10:55:00 MDT Print View

I have had a feathered friends Viero in the past (similar idea) and I liked it. It is great for summer climbs. Be sure to pair it with a decent down hoody, and you should be fine.

I know that Brooks Range Mountaineering makes really high quality gear, so I am pretty confident that this elephants foot down bag would meet your expectations.

Edited by zeroforhire on 03/20/2012 10:56:23 MDT.

Chad Helmke
(the-gear-recycler) - MLife

Locale: High Rockies
BR Elephant Foot on 03/20/2012 11:35:37 MDT Print View

I've had the Elephants Foot for a couple of years and while I wouldn't probably take it if temps were expected as low as 15°, it sleeps well to 25°ish and is very well made and super lofty. And that's the cheapest I've ever seen it so go for it I say! You would at least get your money back out of it if you didn't like it at that price. Do it!

Kyle Nelson
(.ghost.) - F
Good looking stuff on 03/20/2012 12:01:26 MDT Print View

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the anorak hoodie. Would this piece be suitable for low activity levels down to 0 - 5F?

Matt Allen
(zeroforhire) - MLife
hoody on 03/20/2012 12:50:40 MDT Print View

It probably depends on your output (ie, if you are moving and active)

You could size up for layering, and then it should probably be good to zero.