Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Winter pack

Display Avatars Sort By:
Joe Federici
(need2boat) - F

Locale: North East
Re: WOW-Great job! on 02/25/2007 21:00:41 MST Print View

When that picture was taken I was just playing around with placement. I do agree if left like that they may cut into the side but I think it depends on how tight you have them. you could also flip them around and put one of each side.

In the end I put them on the front of the pack as I like to use the side pockets. I added 3/4 loop locks, two per side as tie down points. It works out well.

I'm currently working on a new design to use for day hikes and I'm going to add a small pocket for them it sit it. kind of like Bill did on his pack.

Joe F

Joe Geib
(joegeib) - F

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys
new daypack on 02/27/2007 08:35:05 MST Print View

i'm looking forward to seeing the new daypack.

i have decreed that i will modify my current daypack by adding a much-needed pocket, and possibly some spots for lashing straps.

i will start by making a few stuff sacks.

speaking of stuff sacks, i plan on modifying an inadequate Camelbak pack by integrating a stuff sack onto it, similar to the REI Flash UL

Edited by joegeib on 02/27/2007 08:37:33 MST.

Joe Federici
(need2boat) - F

Locale: North East
Re: new daypack on 02/27/2007 15:27:46 MST Print View

Stuff sacks are always a good place to start. Thru hiker has some good directions and kits. You can get a free patern for straps from Gossmer gear, just download the G-4 pattern to use to for make something like the REI Flash

Just last night I found out about a site in the UK that sell and offers shareware patters and fabric.

http://www.shelby.fi/catalog/designs.php

Joe Geib
(joegeib) - F

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys
Re: new daypack on 02/27/2007 20:20:51 MST Print View

I will try to post B&A pix.

(Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread).