Forum Index » Gear Swap » Quick Mick Cozies

Display Avatars Sort By:
Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Locale: Seattle, WA
Re: Business Plan! on 03/30/2012 09:02:24 MDT Print View

Ha! Thanks Mark - will take it under advisement :)

Tim Lind
(Woody92177) - F
Thanks alot on 03/30/2012 21:48:05 MDT Print View

Mikey!! Thanks again my friend for the work you put into the cozy, Its awesome! I cant wait to use it out on the trail, me and my tummy thank you!! Stay safe out there. Tim

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
Great cozies! on 03/30/2012 21:59:33 MDT Print View

Mine just came today, and they are excellent! Great job, Mickey! Thanks muchly!

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Thanks! and status update on 03/30/2012 22:44:43 MDT Print View

Thanks Tim and Stephen! Mickey loves hearing that his cozies are well received! I think he might be getting more out of seeing the positive impact he makes for others than what he's doing for his gear needs. He beams with pride knowing that he did the job well.

Hey I also wanted to give a quick shout of gratitude for all the orders he's received. Mickey's sold 44 cozies to 30 happy customers and has raised enough to get his first goal, a lightweight inflatable mattress. He's going to work with me on Wednesday and we're headed to the flagship store to test mattresses and pick one out. He's now saving up for a new sleeping bag that will get him into the teens on chillier trips (his current one bottoms out at about 35).

He's had such an awesome time learning to work for his own way, blaze his own trail, and the pride that comes with it. He'll continue making more cozies for anyone who wants them, but is also working on other product ideas to help raise the rest of the money to finish out his gear needs.

Thanks again everyone! You guys rock!

Brent Mahan
(thenerb)

Locale: Southern New Hampshire
AWESOME! on 04/02/2012 07:03:13 MDT Print View

Got mine last week. Awesome! Tell him he did a great job!

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Re: AWESOME! on 04/02/2012 08:23:58 MDT Print View

Thanks Brent! I will pass on the word. He loves hearing from his fans :)

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Quick Mick Cozies on 04/02/2012 10:17:15 MDT Print View

Great job young man! Wish I would have had it last weekend in Big Bend, maybe some of my veggies wouldn't have been crunchy!

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Re: Quick Mick Cozies on 04/02/2012 10:51:16 MDT Print View

Thanks Joe! May all your future adventures include properly rehydrated meals :)

Adam Kramer
(rbeard) - F

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia
Re: Re: Quick Mick Cozies on 04/02/2012 20:20:39 MDT Print View

got mine last week. found an alternate use: add a couple of ice cubes in a plastic bag and it will keep a fish/steak cold for enough time to make it into camp and get a fire started...

thanks much. happy hiking.

Edited by rbeard on 04/02/2012 20:21:19 MDT.

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Re: Re: Re: Quick Mick Cozies on 04/02/2012 20:48:24 MDT Print View

Ha! That's awesome - hadn't even thought of that!

Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

Locale: Nebraska
Limited Addition on 04/02/2012 21:04:03 MDT Print View

I got my Coozie today. I hate to brag, but I got one of the limited addition models with the creators autograph on it. Someday it might be worth millions!!!
Thanks Mickey!
Ben

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Re: Limited Addition on 04/02/2012 23:47:28 MDT Print View

Nice - his eyes did sparkle a bit when he heard someone wanted his autograph. :-)

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Great Success! on 04/06/2012 22:12:22 MDT Print View

Hi Everyone,
Mickey wanted to follow up with you to say a big "Thanks!" for all the support and orders. We went to REI and he spent about an hour of very intense trial and error and fake-snoring-filled test runs before settling on the new Big Agnes Q-Core. The thing is super cozy and warm, with an R-value of 5, it should serve him well in all seasons. A little on the heavy side, but a comfy night's sleep is worth a few ounces. He topped off the setup with an Exped pillow.

All in all, it's been an excellent experience for him, and he's beaming with the pride of having earned all this himself. We'll be taking a test trip in a week or two. The true test will be if he wakes up with the mattress still under him or if it hasn't been stolen by me :)

He's got a good start on savings for a sleeping bag, and working on new product ideas to raise the rest of the money needed - I think he's leaning towards self-tensioning guylines. Once he has that sleeping bag, he'll be all set for his cross over to Boy Scouts! He may even open a website to support ongoing adventuring he has in mind such as rock climbing, and eventually college.

Thanks again!
Kier & Mickey

Mickey says Thanks!

Jace Mullen
(climberslacker) - F

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.
Quick mick Cozies on 04/06/2012 22:59:06 MDT Print View

I wish I did something like this when I was little!

Let him know that becoming an Eagle is worth it! So is Order of the Arrow!

Also, be careful if he gets into rock climbing, it will wreak havoc on the wallet! It's worth it though!

If I am not mistaken, wasn't Anti-Gravity Gear started for similar reasons as this?

Edited by climberslacker on 04/06/2012 22:59:55 MDT.

Derek Kind
(berethorn)
Thanks! on 04/08/2012 20:59:45 MDT Print View

Just wanted to say thanks to Mickey for the awesome cozy, which I intend to debut this weekend on the trail. Congrats on making the money for the new pad, and good luck with your future product ideas! :)

And thanks to Kier for the Gram Weenie Pro I bought as well, I've been trying it out to see if it'll work for me. Might be too small to boil water for two people, but at the very least it'll make a great backup. My first alchy stove, so it's very exciting, hehe.

Cheers guys!

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Re: Thanks! on 04/08/2012 22:55:44 MDT Print View

Thanks Derek! Glad everything is working out for you! Happy adventuring!

Kier & Mickey

Brent Mahan
(thenerb)

Locale: Southern New Hampshire
Cozy re-order on 04/20/2012 11:04:26 MDT Print View

Love the cozy so much, time to order one for the wife.

Are they still available?

PM me with the cost and PayPal e-mail address and I'll send payment.

Thanks!

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Re: Cozy re-order on 04/20/2012 15:27:32 MDT Print View

Hi Brent!
They are still available! PM coming in a sec.

Thanks!
Kier & Mickey