Forum Index » Chaff » Life lesson 793

Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Life lesson 793 on 03/18/2012 19:23:32 MDT Print View

I'm out here learning the odd and unusual lessons so you don't have to.....

Williams-Sonoma smoked serrano chili powder is a truly delightful spice. Smoky hot instead of just hot. I like it on many, many things. But one should not try and get a good sniff of the delightful aroma. It is, after all, a fricking POWDER!

I can say my nasal passages have never been this clear......

Matthew Black
(mtblack)
Life lesson 794 on 03/18/2012 19:26:41 MDT Print View

It is also advisable that one avoid inhaling powered gelatin. Guess what it does when it hits mucous membranes?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Life lesson 793,4 on 03/18/2012 19:33:06 MDT Print View

You guys should totally do the cinnamon challenge. You sound the type.

Clint Hewitt
(WalkSoftly33) - F

Locale: New England
Lessons 1-792 on 03/18/2012 19:36:30 MDT Print View

Life Lessons 1-792

If you have been eating ghost pepper sauce (600,000skulls)and still have some on your lips do not attempt to "please" your significant other...and yes it is worth learning this rule 792 times if it prevents just one "moment"...

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Life lesson #4 on 03/18/2012 20:43:42 MDT Print View

Learned this when I was old enough to reach the spice cupboard...

Vanilla extract does NOT taste like how it smells! Quite an eye opener when you're 5.

Edited by T.L. on 03/18/2012 22:04:57 MDT.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Life lesson #1 on 03/18/2012 20:46:24 MDT Print View

Learn to suck. The rest follows easy.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Life lesson #1 on 03/18/2012 21:37:10 MDT Print View

>Learn to suck. The rest follows easy.

No wonder I've been struggling with life.

Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
What is this? on 03/18/2012 21:59:15 MDT Print View

How would one describe this type of humor? Dark? Sick? Far Side? Slapstick? 3 Stooges?

I ask because I really enjoy it. I'd like to find more. Once identified I'll be able to Google for it.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: What is this? on 03/18/2012 22:11:07 MDT Print View

> How would one describe this type of humor? Dark? Sick? Far Side? Slapstick? 3 Stooges?

All of the above. :)

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Life lesson 768 on 03/18/2012 22:14:26 MDT Print View

Don't ask me why I get the urge to do the things I do. I can't explain it, except to say that I'm missing some filter that most other people seem to have. If I think it, I say it/do it, before thinking ABOUT it. Oh well.

So, at my age, when you get an annual physical doctors like to poke, prod and probe into places you'd prefer they not. Comes with the territory, unfortunately. So last week I had my annual, and as the doc was doing the 'polyp probe', I clenched, smiled, and said "tight, ain't it...."

No sense of humor, those docs. But at least the rest of the physical went VERY quickly......

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Life lesson 768 on 03/18/2012 22:30:28 MDT Print View

Fight back Doug!

I ask for dinner afterwards.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: Life lesson 768 on 03/18/2012 22:42:35 MDT Print View

I don't know... I could see why the doctor speeded up the rest of the exam...

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Re: Life lesson 768 on 03/19/2012 03:07:34 MDT Print View

Don't ask me why I get the urge to do the things I do. I can't explain it, except to say that I'm missing some filter that most other people seem to have.

SO, Doug ... you're hinting that you may have been the inspiration of the flagpole scene in "A Christmas Story" ????

Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Re: Re: Life lesson 768 on 03/19/2012 09:40:17 MDT Print View

Douglas,

Similar non sense of humor with my Dr. when I suggested we save that part of the exam "for the end".

Daryl

Ben Crocker
(alexdrewreed) - M

Locale: Kentucky
Prostate exam on 03/19/2012 10:10:42 MDT Print View

My doctor has no sense of humor either. I told him, during his prostate exam, that I selected him because of his slender fingers. Nothing.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Turn your head and.....hey, don't I know you? on 03/19/2012 10:28:19 MDT Print View

I went to school with and became friends with my doctor's son, which is all fine and dandy until one visit where, laying on the exam table, I realized that my friend's dad had my b@lls in his hand. Not TOO weird, but just a little.

Everett Vinzant
(wn7ant) - MLife

Locale: CDT
Re: Lessons 1-792 on 03/19/2012 10:43:44 MDT Print View

And immediately I hear, "fire, fire, fire, that burning ring of fire..."

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Re: Turn your head and.....hey, don't I know you? on 03/19/2012 11:45:58 MDT Print View

@Travis: consider what it'd been like if your experience had been slightly different, like so .... I went to school with and became "friends" with my doctor's daughter, which is all fine and dandy until one visit where, laying on the exam table, I realized that my girlfriend's dad had my b@lls in his hand. ... he-he

@Ben: prostate exams are small potatoes. I have a friend who, while "on the table" being examined by a proctologist, started waving his hands in front of his wide open mouth. Doctor's assistant asked "What are you doing?" ... he answered "Making shadow puppets on the wall". The doc not only didn't smile, he said "My smart patients don't try to make me laugh while I'm doing this."

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Re: Turn your head and.....hey, don't I know you? on 03/19/2012 11:47:55 MDT Print View

""My smart patients don't try to make me laugh while I'm doing this.""

ROFFL! Good point. Of course, I'm not often accused of being all that bright.....

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Prostate exam on 03/19/2012 17:42:02 MDT Print View

"My doctor has no sense of humor either. I told him, during his prostate exam, that I selected him because of his slender fingers. Nothing.

A friend of mine got a similar response when he suggested the doc use two fingers so he could get a second opinion. Docs can be weird.