Looking for help shipping from the US to Canada
Display Avatars Sort By:
nanook ofthenorth
(nanookofthenorth) - MLife
Looking for help shipping from the US to Canada on 03/16/2012 07:34:18 MDT Print View

Hi all, don't do this often, but I'm a Canadian looking for some help from a member buying a jacket from patagonia.com in the states and shipping it up to Canada -- looks like the sale price is only valid in the US!

Looking for a member who would not mind receiving the jacket and posting it to me up north! I'd obviously cover shipping, and I'll deal with patagonia myself!

PM me if you can help out

Cheers

Edited by nanookofthenorth on 03/16/2012 07:48:08 MDT.

Nathan Watts
(7sport) - MLife
US to Canada on 03/16/2012 07:59:45 MDT Print View

Sent you a PM. I can help you out if you're still in need.

One thought, and something I didn't think to include in my PM is that someone with access to commercial shipping services might be able to score you better shipping prices. I would be limited to standard retail options: likely USPS since the others seem to be outrageous for international shipping rates.

Nate

Edited by 7sport on 03/16/2012 09:28:21 MDT.

Sumi Wada
(DetroitTigerFan) - F

Locale: Ann Arbor
Re: Looking for help shipping from the US to Canada on 03/16/2012 09:23:47 MDT Print View

I looked into this recently for someone else. Through USPS (i.e. the post office), you can send priority mail flat-rate large soft envelopes to Canada for $11. Maximum of 4lb. For volume reference, I was able to stuff a GoLite Roan jacket in one.

I drive by the post office every day. If you still need someone to do this, feel free to PM me.

nanook ofthenorth
Looking for help shipping from the US to Canada on 03/16/2012 09:36:00 MDT Print View

Hey, Nate generously contacted me via PM, so I think I'm going to take him up on his offer.

Happy to reciprocate if any of you Americans are looking for cheap gear from MEC!

Grzegorz Przeorski
(grzechu) - MLife

Locale: Ontario
Re: Looking for help shipping from the US to Canada on 03/16/2012 11:32:13 MDT Print View

You should try to call Patagonia. I did in the past with very good results.

nanook ofthenorth
Looking for help shipping from the US to Canada on 03/16/2012 12:20:56 MDT Print View

sounds like they are no longer offering sale pricing to Canada. THUMBS DOWN!

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Locale: Canadian Rockies
Re: Looking for help shipping from the US to Canada on 03/16/2012 12:59:29 MDT Print View

The main reason we Canadians need help shipping is because of the taxes. look at the pricing of a down shirt on both the Canadian and US website, the Canadian price is $60 higher and they will only ship priority because its insured. so that's like $90 on top of US retail price. Cottage manufactures don't gouge or charge additional taxes and ship via the cheapest option. except gossamer gear. they charge priority express only even if you ask for uninsured parcel. LT3's ended up being $180....

nanook ofthenorth
Looking for help shipping from the US to Canada on 03/16/2012 13:24:46 MDT Print View

Yes, I agree -- that does happen.

Just as an FYI for Canadian's, apparently with the Canadian Patagonia stores and patagonia.ca address (which lacks the Web Specials) -- apparently its a new policy that Patagonia USA will not ship at sale pricing to Canada.

That 'ticks' me off:
1) they have always up till now done this (shipping is about 23-30);
2) it comes from the same warehouse;
3) They have end of season sales in there stores but NOT patagonia.ca;
4) commercially NA is increasingly working as in integrated market place. As a long-time fan of the brand, who wears their cloths nearly everyday, and as a Canadian -- this 'ticks' me the &%$# off.
5) It 'ticks' me the hell off - but its easy to avoid with freight forwarding, ect. This seems like a shortsighted choice to tick off established customers.

OK - rant over.

Edited by nanookofthenorth on 03/16/2012 13:25:25 MDT.