Forum Index » GEAR » Any recent experiences with Fibraplex?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Stuart Allie
(stuart.allie)

Locale: Australia
Any recent experiences with Fibraplex? on 03/15/2012 16:35:55 MDT Print View

Does anybody have any *recent* experiences dealing with Fibraplex? I ask because I placed an order with them over a month ago (Feb 13) and, apart from an initial automated "thanks for your order" email, I've heard nothing since. My order hasn't arrived and I've had no shipping notification from them.

I have emailed them twice to ask what's happened to my order, with no response. The time difference makes calling tricky (I'm on the east coast of Australia, currently GMT+11 hours.)

Are they still operating but just with rubbish customer service? Is my money gone for good? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Any recent experiences with Fibraplex? on 03/15/2012 17:06:05 MDT Print View

No recent experience at all... but I just tried their number 931-243-6915 and got their answering machine. So looks to me they are still in business. If you PM me the particulars of your purchase, I will be happy to call them for you tomorrow (Friday).

Stuart Allie
(stuart.allie)

Re: Re: Any recent experiences with Fibraplex? on 03/15/2012 18:26:50 MDT Print View

Thanks for the kind offer Ben - PM sent!

Samuel C. Farrington
(scfhome) - M

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA
recent experiences with Fibraplex on 03/15/2012 20:44:42 MDT Print View

Ordered some hubs and elbows on the site last month, and they came within a few weeks.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Any recent experiences with Fibraplex? on 03/15/2012 20:48:27 MDT Print View

I've never had any problem with Fibraplex, but that was only two transactions. My guess is that there was some difficulty over the Australian address or the overseas method of payment. I've seen some people get confused between Australia and Austria. Of course, that doesn't excuse the lack of communication back to you.

--B.G.--

Nico .
(NickB) - MLife

Locale: Los Padres National Forest
Fibraplex on 03/15/2012 22:54:43 MDT Print View

I ordered 3 CF poles from them late last spring. Aside from the initial order confirmation, I didn't hear anything from them for almost two months. Finally I sent them an email to ask about the status of my order since they eventually charged my card but otherwise had made no contact. I still never recieved any personal response but the very next day I had a shipping confirmation email and the poles arrived a day or two later just as ordered.

Good product but their communication and/or customer service leaves a bit of room for improvement.

Josh Leavitt
(Joshleavitt) - F

Locale: Ruta Locura
Fibraplex on 03/15/2012 23:42:34 MDT Print View

Both in the past, and recently, I could not make contact with them. I was trying recently, on behalf of one of my customers, who also did not get a reply from them.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Fibraplex Update on 03/16/2012 11:30:30 MDT Print View

I just called Fibraplex, and Linus answered on the second ring. He said he had been out on a business trip, but he is now back. Stuart, your poles were shipped last Saturday, 3/10.

Josh Leavitt
(Joshleavitt) - F

Locale: Ruta Locura
Update on 03/16/2012 12:09:54 MDT Print View

Thanks for the update Ben.

Stuart Allie
(stuart.allie)

Re: Update on 03/16/2012 17:14:43 MDT Print View

A big thank you to Ben for chasing that up for me. It's good to know that fibraplex aren't crooks, they are just a bit rubbish with their customer service :)

Now I can just go back to waiting for the postman for my order.

Thanks to all who responded.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Update on 03/16/2012 17:21:31 MDT Print View

Wow. Good on you Ben!

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: Update on 03/16/2012 17:59:38 MDT Print View

Stuart, you're welcome.

No biggie, it's been slow, and I'm glad to help :)

Stuart Allie
(stuart.allie)

Re: Re: Update on 03/16/2012 22:11:56 MDT Print View

One last update. I had an email from Linas at Fibraplex apologising for the delay and lack of contact. There was a mix-up with shipping my order but he's assured me it will ship on Monday. So all's well that ends well I guess. Hopefully they will take this as a sign to put some effort into improving their customer service.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: Re: Update on 03/16/2012 22:43:39 MDT Print View

"There was a mix-up with shipping my order but he's assured me it will ship on Monday."

Maybe they _were_ trying to ship it to Austria.

--B.G.--

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re:Update on 03/16/2012 23:24:00 MDT Print View

One lucky Bastard in Austria is getting new UL tent poles...

Stuart Allie
(stuart.allie)

Re: Re:Update on 03/16/2012 23:43:30 MDT Print View

Actually, they got sent to South Korea apparently...

Years ago I had some CDs that got sent to Tanzania rather than Tasmania. At least that one made some kind of sense.