Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
The snow is here with more on the way, so let's get out in it!
Display Avatars Sort By:
David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
The snow is here with more on the way, so let's get out in it! on 03/14/2012 00:15:04 MDT Print View

What: Ski/Snowshoe trip

Where: Peter Grubb Hut

When: Friday March 30 to Sunday April 1

It is 5+ miles round trip. We will not stay in the hut, we will camp in the valley.

I would like to start out mid-day on Friday, spend Saturday skiing around the valley and return Sunday. Leaving early Saturday would also work.

It's on.......

Grubb Hut

Edited by davidlutz on 03/17/2012 21:26:01 MDT.

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

The snow is here with more on the way, so let's get out in it! on 03/14/2012 08:21:39 MDT Print View

Redundant....

Edited by davidlutz on 03/17/2012 21:25:16 MDT.

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Re: The snow is here with more on the way, so let's get out in it! on 03/14/2012 08:42:54 MDT Print View

I'm interested!

There is a small chance that I'll be backpacking in Point Reyes, and I should be able to confirm soon.

I can't take off early on Friday, so Saturday morning would be my plan. I'm tempted to night ski in on Friday...

Richard Niemi
(rickniemi) - F - M

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains
"The snow is here with more on the way, so let's get out in it!" on 03/16/2012 20:42:39 MDT Print View

You are reading my mind.

I'm already signed up for a Meetup Peter Grubb area trip the same weekend.
http://www.meetup.com/mountaineering/events/56438002/?rv=co1

You guys are welcome to join this group if you are interested.

Rick

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Re: The snow is here with more on the way, so let's get out in it! on 03/16/2012 21:12:26 MDT Print View

Richard, good tip.

David, I grabbed a spot on the meetup just in case. I'm happy to go with the larger group, or if a BPL trip coalesces, that'd be nice too.

I'm 90% sure that I'm going.

Richard Niemi
(rickniemi) - F - M

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains
"The snow is here with more on the way, so let's get out in it!" on 03/17/2012 21:23:55 MDT Print View

That is great! I hope you can make it. It looks like there is plenty of new snow.

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Snow camping, Donner Summit, March 30 - April 1 on 03/17/2012 21:30:58 MDT Print View

Bad news: My son's team got knocked out of the playoffs today.

Good news: The trip is on!

Friday after work is fine by me. We should be able to ski in at least part way and camp.

Let's switch to email for planning.

Anyone else want to join us?