Trail Designs Customer Service is Tops
Display Avatars Sort By:
a b
(Ice-axe)
Trail Designs Customer Service is Tops on 03/13/2012 17:03:11 MDT Print View

With only one word mentioned at the BPL GGG event in Henry Coe to Russ at Trail Designs, I have been surprised to find a brand new Caldera Cone H in my Post office box today!
My orignal cone, bought in early 2009, was all aluminum and Trail Designs has since added a titanium reinforcement to the dovetail joint of their aluminum Caldera Cones.
I had forgotten about Russ's offer to replace my older cone with this upgraded model.. Well, Russ did not forget!
I call that superb customer service and Thank Trail Designs for their fantastic products and for standing behind them long after what i consider a "warranty".
Here is the pleasant surprise I found in my PO box today!
.Trail Designs Caldera Cone H reinforced version next to my original.

The new version is indeed much stiffer or maybe it's just a slightly thicker aluminum. The titanium dovetail joint is a LOT easier to slide together.
Just look at that baby all shiny and ready for action!
Well, I just might have to boil up some water and have some Mac and Cheese tonight to break in this new Caldera Cone!
Thank you Russ, Rand, and Lee.
Customer Service at Trail Designs is Tops in my book.
Standing behind a three year old product is just outstanding!

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
Pre-customer service too on 03/14/2012 18:36:54 MDT Print View

I exchanged emails with Rand, trying to save on costs, ended up getting my CC from Anti Gravity Gear as I was able to make up a order to get it all shipped free, so Rand's offer was not needed.
Duane