Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » weekend trips in northern WV

Display Avatars Sort By:
Kevin Pierce
(backpackpack) - F
weekend trips in northern WV on 03/12/2012 18:31:43 MDT Print View

Hi, I'm new on the forum. I'm a 21 year old student living in morgantown WV and I regularly take weekend trips to otter creek, dolly sods, seneca, quebec run, cranberry, and the like; everything I can drive to from morgantown in a reasonable amount of time. Anyway, I joined the forum in the hope of finding more like-minded people from near my area who'd like to join in on these weekend trips. Anybody interested?

Evan McCarthy
(evanrussia) - MLife

Locale: Northern Europe
Re: weekend trips in northern WV on 03/12/2012 19:11:42 MDT Print View

Hi Kevin,

What type of miles do you usually do over a normal weekend?

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Locale: UL gear @ QiWiz.net
Check out Northeast Ohio Backpacking Club on 03/13/2012 12:09:57 MDT Print View

Free to join and has WV trips fairly frequently, as well as VA and PA trips that are probably not too far for you to get to.

Al Nichols
(everready) - F

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio
WV on 03/13/2012 17:53:41 MDT Print View

If you don't mind an 'old fart' like me tagging along I might want to go. I've been down there a few times and I'm usually looking for someone to go with. I'm 50, divorced and have ample free time. I've been backpacking since the mid 70's.

Drop me a pm if you're interested.

Al

Sean Rhoades
(kingpin)

Locale: WV
Re: weekend trips in northern WV on 05/07/2012 21:28:30 MDT Print View

I know the threads a little old and you might be elsewhere after finals, but I live just 20 minutes south of Morgantown and will have a lot of free time after finals this week. Feel free to PM me anytime you want to hike, even day trips.