Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Copper Spur Durability
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

Locale: Nebraska
Copper Spur Durability on 03/11/2012 21:44:39 MDT Print View

Is anyone using a Copper Spur tent without the footprints? I have 2 of the copper spurs, and am always worried about taking them out without the footprints when we head out to the Rockies. The floor just seems so thin. I could be totally wrong, and hopefully I am. Is the floor more durable than it seems? Has anyone used one sans footprint for a fair amount of time without any issues?

Thanks

Ben

diego dean
(cfionthefly) - M
me too... on 03/12/2012 05:06:58 MDT Print View

Id like to know this also. The material is thin enough on the floor than you can clearly see through it. I have the 2012 Copper Spur UL1 set up in my basement and still deciding if Im going to keep it or not. The length factor will be the basis for my decision, but if I have to add a 4 oz ground sheet to protect the floor, that will also play a part.

Steven Hanlon
(asciibaron) - F

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Copper Spur UL1 on 03/12/2012 05:28:06 MDT Print View

i have the Copper Spur UL1 and have never used a footprint with it. i layout the tent and then use my hand to feel the ground for any pointy sticks or sharp objects that might cause me grief.

Art Tyszka
(arttyszka) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Plenty durable on 03/12/2012 08:25:01 MDT Print View

I used to have the CSUL2, it's plenty durable w/o the footprint with just a little care and site prep. I used to always believe I needed a footprint, but have realized (learned) that with a 1 minute sweep of the ground before I pitch it's not necessary. I suspect the huge profit margin in selling a footprint is a reason they're so visible when buying a tent.