Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks input

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks input on 03/11/2012 20:45:29 MDT Print View

Also known fondly as the G.G.G.

Looking for suggestions on dates. Traditionally this has been a mid-winter get me out of the house type event. It has grown and changed over the years. First three were in January. The past one was in February. I had a couple of comments that President's Day Weekend was not a good choice. I'm guessing because of school.

I would like to keep it a winter thing. But I am sympathetic to freezing wives, husbands, and children.

Jeremy Pendrey
(Pendrey) - MLife

Locale: California
Feb-April on 03/13/2012 15:06:16 MDT Print View

The timing worked great this year for me to bring my son. Anywhere before mid march is good due to kids' baseball and softball schedules that get busy then, but I'd really be fine with it all the way through April. Last week of March or first week of April is spring break for the kids so no baseball then either, though we are sometimes out of town then too, so who knows.

Anyway, whatever date you pick, I'll try to make it work, and I'll drag along any willing family members.

Thanks.

-Jeremy.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Feb-April on 03/13/2012 16:29:19 MDT Print View

Wisconsin.

;)

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks input needed on 06/23/2012 09:04:18 MDT Print View

Bumping. This event is for all of you. When is good for you? Will be at different spots at Henry Coe this time around for better bathrooms.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: 5th Annual Bay Area GGG on 06/23/2012 16:57:21 MDT Print View

Also known as^^^^^

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
Re: Re: 5th Annual Bay Area GGG on 06/27/2012 15:19:51 MDT Print View

Ken, late Feb/Early March is fine with me. Really whenever, as long as it's not summer, which is not ideal for Coe.

It sounded like you had some good ideas for the next GGG when we spoke last, so I'm looking forward to it. (our CO move is officially a no-go)

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Re: 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks input on 07/03/2012 10:06:55 MDT Print View

I'd be up for the holiday weekend again this year as there is a trip that I'd like to do in the park on Sunday/Monday.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks input on 07/03/2012 13:28:32 MDT Print View

I'm leaning that way too Jack. Could I talk you into bringing your bow drill for a fire starting demo?

kevin smith
(divr6347) - M
really on 07/03/2012 19:46:29 MDT Print View

it is the 5th anual ggg for god sake do you honestly think they are going to miss it whatever dates you decide to choose lol

i know im not gonna miss it !!

just post it and they will come lol

kevin

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Re: 5th Annual Bay Area GGG on 07/03/2012 22:03:33 MDT Print View

If we do President's Day weekend again next year. That would make it the 16-18th of Feb. With my wedding anniversary on the 21st. I'm good as long as those two don't overlap. I'd hate to miss my anniversary.

a b
(Ice-axe)
Uh.. bring your Wife on 07/03/2012 22:28:46 MDT Print View

Why not bring your wife?
Perhaps a romantic vacation after the GGG on the way home to the "Redwood Curtain"
You know, Napa is beautiful AND unpopulated that time of year.

Actually, don't listen to me since i have zero luck in that category...

Carry on...

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Uh.. bring your Wife on 07/04/2012 08:09:42 MDT Print View

Thanks Matt. Do I really want Renee to talk with you all? Could be bad for me:) She's no hiker. Will be happy and warm at home with the dogs.

Humboldt is beautiful and unpopulated year round.

Will be my 21st anniversary, OMG! That's 25 years together, more than half my life.

Jim Colten
(jcolten)

Locale: MN
Re: Uh.. bring your Wife on 07/04/2012 08:25:39 MDT Print View

Will be my 21st anniversary, OMG!

Practically newlyweds;-) But keep up the good work!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Uh.. bring your Wife on 07/04/2012 08:33:20 MDT Print View

Thanks Jim.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
Re: Uh.. bring your Wife on 10/22/2012 01:17:31 MDT Print View

I've got you beat Ken, and this is my second go around, maybe yours too, can't remember I'm having an oldtimers moment. Hope to make this one.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Uh.. bring your Wife on 10/22/2012 06:08:09 MDT Print View

..but Jack, you're old.