Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Hike Naked Day
Display Avatars Sort By:
John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Hike Naked Day on 09/09/2012 17:22:32 MDT Print View

Edited by jshann on 09/11/2012 03:00:41 MDT.

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Locale: pacific northwest
an old saying on 09/10/2012 10:57:08 MDT Print View

There is an old saying that the only ones who go to nude beaches are the only ones who shouldn't.
Access to a local bouldering outcrop requires crossing an unofficial "nude" beach [I'm unsure what constitutes an offical nude beach, bigger signs?]
A naked gent popped up one afternoon as I was hiking down and asked why I bothered with clothing since the temp was hovering around 100f. I pointed out somewhat lamely that if the ambient was this warm the few cams and such clipped to my sling were too hot to lay against bare skin and continued along. As I thought about my less than stellar reply, juggling my own notions around and begun shedding my clothing. A cloud of dust appeared and 3 SUVs full of school kids on a geology field trip came bouncing down the road, I quite hastily pulled my shorts up ending my foray into sun worshipping.
Later when talking to one of the drivers I asked if he realized they had passed through a clothing optional area,he replied heck ya, the kids have a contest to see who can spot the most folks.