Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: Gossamer gear LT4 trekking poles

Display Avatars Sort By:
kwok leung chung
(alvinchunghk)

Locale: Hong Kong
FS: Gossamer gear LT4 trekking poles on 03/10/2012 10:12:10 MST Print View

LT4 Trekking Poles - short, used one time only, excellent condition, free shipping, US$115. Paypal only

**Remarks: All items will be shipping from Hong Kong through Hong Kong Post office, it takes about 2 weeks to arrive, tracking number will be provided.trekking pole 3trekking pole 2trekking pole

Edited by alvinchunghk on 03/11/2012 01:17:32 MST.

Dale Caldwell
(dalemc)

Locale: Coastal Georgia
?? on 03/10/2012 12:58:57 MST Print View

I see your listings over and over for these and see that you sell them.... may I ask how you have so many pairs of these poles? Are they refurbs? One buyer that I spoke with said that his poles arrived and did not look exactly like Gossamer Gear poles. I'm not trying to give you a bad name if your honestly selling GG poles, but if you are not then this isn't cool. If your poles in fact are the real thing, then I'd be interested in a pair myself if you can answer these questions for all to see. Thank you!

Matthew Or
(MattO) - F
photos? on 03/10/2012 14:07:25 MST Print View

Could you post some photos please?

Dustin Short
(upalachango) - MLife
Re: photos? on 03/10/2012 19:56:40 MST Print View

http://www.beerandburger.info/rsuzyv/Gossamer-Gear-Lt4#

Post also by alvinchunghk. Digging in it's a hidden/buried page on beer and burger travel blog or something. Looks like standard engrish (that doesn't necessarily mean the OP is not legit). I would say best case he's trying to import them into HK and they aren't selling so he's recuperating costs. Worst case (and sadly what I lean towards) is that he's a supplier/manufacturer of poles for GG and basically ripping them off (along with BA Seedhouses, and MB sleeping bags).

I know I'm being harsh to Alvin, but hopefully he can clear this issue up.

[EDIT] I recant the above.

Edited by upalachango on 03/11/2012 14:24:10 MDT.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Huh? on 03/10/2012 20:37:35 MST Print View

What other rash conclusions can we come up with?

Why bother guessing what's up.... just slander the guy.

Karple T
(ctracyverizon)

Locale: Mid-Alantic
L4T on 03/10/2012 21:56:32 MST Print View

I will take them...send me you're payment info

kwok leung chung
(alvinchunghk)

Re: L4T on 03/11/2012 01:01:20 MST Print View

PM sent.

kwok leung chung
(alvinchunghk)

Additional information on 03/11/2012 01:48:19 MST Print View

Some additional information for my poles:

-I've upload some photos FYR.

-I sell my poles simply because I don't use it anymore, I sold one pair before (the buyer reply that he's 100% satisfied for the poles), this is the last pair I have.

-I'm not supplier or manufacturer, it's for my personal use only, I bought it from Gossamer Gear.

-I repost this item again simply because no one buy it, or ask for lower price at the very last minute which I can't accept.

-I have no connection with "beer and burger travel blog", I don't even know my item listed there, I just sent email for them to take out this item.

I believe people who love hiking are good people, I personally enjoy that very much. If you have some bad experience buying used item before, I am please to answer your question to minimize your worries anytime.

Enjoy backpacking!

Alvin

Dale Caldwell
(dalemc)

Alvin on 03/11/2012 12:00:15 MDT Print View

Fair. And like I said, I wasn't trying to give you a bad name if things are legit. Just trying to get answers because this seemed very out of the ordinary. It is hard to find used LT4s on here from what I've seen so when multiple listings start appearing from the same person in China and at a GREAT price, yet people aren't snatching these up quick.... just looked suspicious. My apologies and thanks for the clarification. If your other buyer doesn't purchase, please let me know!

Dustin Short
(upalachango) - MLife
Re: Alvin on 03/11/2012 14:28:49 MDT Print View

Again, sorry for being harsh. I get skeptical and critical when there's a lack of information (a pessimist would call me prudent, an optimist would call me jaded)

Thanks for posting the pics and clearing up the concern. Hope the sale goes through for you!

kwok leung chung
(alvinchunghk)

trekking pole on 03/12/2012 00:55:53 MDT Print View

item sold.

James Landro
(justaddfuel) - F

Locale: MN
Re: FS: Gossamer gear LT4 trekking poles on 03/12/2012 07:18:30 MDT Print View

Dustin and Dale, Keep your internet sleuthing to yourself or at least do your mud slinging via Private Message with poor dude.

Edited by justaddfuel on 03/12/2012 07:19:41 MDT.

Dale Caldwell
(dalemc)

James on 03/12/2012 10:08:03 MDT Print View

Chill out. With all due respect I was looking out for all the members here on something that didn't seem ordinary.... A too good to be true if you will. Plus, I did my research through PMs as you suggest by messaging one of the buyers of his poles who responded saying that they didn't look like GG poles and actually planned to mail them to GG to investigate. Not having an update to that concern and verification yet, I was simply posing legit questions for the seller for everyones benefit. I have apologized to the seller and don't need you telling me how to use this site.

Karple T
(ctracyverizon)

Locale: Mid-Alantic
Gossamer gear LT4 trekking poles on 03/21/2012 07:43:21 MDT Print View

Alvin,

I got the poles ... thanks a lot!

Like new & the real deal. Awesome : )