Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
custom sized aluminum stays FS for MYOG
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brendan Swihart
(brendans) - MLife

Locale: Fruita CO
custom sized aluminum stays FS for MYOG on 03/08/2012 11:01:31 MST Print View

Cleaning out the garage and want to get rid of some extra tubing I have for stays. 6061 aluminum, .25" OD .18" ID. For reference the pictured stay is 22x11 and weighs 2.1oz. Stays are sold flat and you can bend them to fit your back if you wish.

$15 each shipped CONUS (I'll ship anywhere for whatever additional cost it takes to ship to your destination), 2 for $25.
PM me to order and let me know what size you'd like. I have enough to make ~20 stays.stay

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: custom sized aluminum stays FS for MYOG on 03/13/2012 14:00:14 MDT Print View

Got mine in the mail yesterday, looks great and feels light yet sturdy - thanks, Brendan!

Nate Powell
(powell1nj) - F

Locale: North Carolina
re: customized stays on 03/13/2012 15:29:41 MDT Print View

Howdy,

If you don't mind me asking, how do you do the longer, curvy bends on these and keep them uniform between the two sides? Is it all done with one of those tubing benders you can get at home depot? Thanks for any info.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
customized stays on 03/13/2012 18:10:30 MDT Print View

PM sent, Nathan

Brendan Swihart
(brendans) - MLife

Re: re: customized stays on 03/15/2012 16:03:21 MDT Print View

The longer contoured bends I usually just do over my thigh and tweak them until they're uniform and fit my back. It's pretty easy and the tubing doesn't pinch on the long curves. The 90s I bend with a tube bender.

Brendan Swihart
(brendans) - MLife

Re: custom sized aluminum stays FS for MYOG on 04/02/2012 13:16:47 MDT Print View

I still have a few of these left; PM me if you're interested.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
customized stays on 04/02/2012 15:02:48 MDT Print View

I ordered a couple of these, and Brendan got them to me quickly. They are great stays, very rigid and light. In my continual drive to get my prototype Osprey Hornet "42" comfortable, I swapped out Osprey's cheesy delrin stays. First I tried a self-bent .125" titanium 6/4 rod I had, which worked better. But then I switched over to Brendan's stay, and it made a great difference. It added maybe .3 oz. over the titanium one, but man, what a comfortable carry this pack is now. I'm trying to figure out how to use the other one with my modified Ion.