Forum Index » Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best pepperoni stick that fits into bear can

Display Avatars Sort By:
christopher smead
(hamsterfish) - MLife

Locale: hamsterfish
Best pepperoni stick that fits into bear can on 03/08/2012 01:56:43 MST Print View

I love the Tillamook pepperoni sticks. However they are too long to fit into my bear can without bending them in half and taking up a lot of room.

Anyone have any suggestions for another type that tastes good and would fit?
Btw I did try Slim Jim's but didn't like them. Too greasy for me, and I get kind of a weird dog food aftertaste.

Richard Cullip
(RichardCullip) - M

Locale: San Diego County
Re: Best pepperoni stick that fits into bear can on 03/08/2012 06:50:40 MST Print View

Since you like the Tillamook brand, simply repackage them -> cut them to size and put in a resealable ziplock bag.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Best pepperoni stick that fits into bear can on 03/08/2012 12:34:42 MST Print View

"Slim Jim's but didn't like them. Too greasy for me, and I get kind of a weird dog food aftertaste."

But, it is a good dog food aftertaste.

--B.G.--

christopher smead
(hamsterfish) - MLife

Locale: hamsterfish
Yeah thats what I'll probably end up doing. on 03/08/2012 17:27:12 MST Print View

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably end up cutting em up.
I'm guessing they have enough preservatives to stay fresh for a few weeks after opening the package?

Chris Wright
(chriswrightcycles)
... on 04/01/2012 09:19:28 MDT Print View

Try Wellshire Farms pepperoni sticks, available @ Whole Foods.

-Chris

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Best pepperoni stick that fits into bear can on 04/01/2012 10:02:25 MDT Print View

Put them in as a circle, following the perimeter of the can rather than straight up and down.

How do you know what dog food tastes like? {grin}