Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Montane Slipstream GL Jacket Review
Display Avatars Sort By:
Paul Pearce
(Pavel452) - M
Sizing on 03/07/2012 16:45:41 MST Print View

Great review of the jacket. Re sizing, I noticed the following comment at the bottom of the Description page for each jacket:

Please Note: We recommend that you order a size up from normal with Montane as the brand’s sizing is slighter slimmer fit.

Paul

Daniel Sandström
(sandstrom.dj)
Hate to be the rude one here but... =) on 03/08/2012 08:25:43 MST Print View

We should all agree on the fact that measuring stuff in kings limbs, oxes working pace and beer cans (ok) and so on, isn't getting us anywhere. Hence, the SI-system. Better write that one down.

On the fit, I echo the previous posts. What should the athletic people wear if medium is obese and the slim cut must be able to accommodate a fleece. I like Haglöfs cut, yes I'm also a Scandinavian. Really like Patagonia as a company, but even their "fit" isn't as fit as the Haglöfs I'm used to. They should all post their measurements so we can compare.

Martin RJ Carpenter
(MartinCarpenter) - F
Measurements on 03/08/2012 08:45:12 MST Print View

Indeed it rather baffles me why they don't at least out real measurements on the websites somewhere. Arm length, back length, chest, waist say?

Maybe its too much work with the massive diversity of new styles they all keep producing. Or maybe people don't mind cf stuff not fitting quite right. Dunno.

M B
(livingontheroad) - M
Re: Re: Montane sizing on 03/10/2012 16:43:39 MST Print View

"I've said this before I think, but the problem isn't that European garments are undersized. On the contrary, US garments are over-sized to make people think that they aren't as overweight as they really are. It's kind of sad and just serves to further promote our obesity epidemic."

Id agree. I spent some time overseas in France. I immediately noticed that all the women there look like models, esp. teenage girls , they look like girls used to look here 50 yrs ago before McDonalds. They simply dont have access to the convenience store crap and fast food we do.

When I came home I was shocked to see how disgusting and fat americans were. The condition of the average teenage girl brings tears to me. Our society is destroying our kids, not to mention adults.

You really have to go elsewhere and come back to realize how bad it is.

David Wood
(RedYeti) - MLife

Locale: South Eastern UK
Re: Re: Re: Montane sizing on 03/11/2012 11:50:47 MDT Print View

At the risk of rampaging off topic: Marks Daily Apple

It's life changing.

Edited by RedYeti on 03/11/2012 11:52:12 MDT.

Nigel Healy
(nigelhealy) - F

Locale: San Francisco bay area
Slipstream on sale in USA on 12/08/2012 10:09:58 MST Print View

Hi the Montane Slipstream is on sale in USA, available here
http://www.theclymb.com/brand-event/127483/show-product/194760

To sign up use
http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/NigelHealy
declaration: if you order I get a credit.

Sizing - a lot depends as much on the context of intended use as does your size. If this to wear just over a baselayer then you don't have to size up so much. I'm a medium in most Montane but I erred up with a Large for the Slipstream.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: Slipstream on sale in USA on 12/08/2012 12:37:00 MST Print View

I ended up getting my slipstream GL in Xl after Will R's comments.

It's a nice piece but on a recent trip my buddies asked if it was a condom.