REI Dividend?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Locale: Seattle, WA
Re: Re: 20% off coupon works now on 03/15/2012 10:12:06 MDT Print View

What about in stores? Or is it online only?

Greg F
(GregF) - F

Locale: Canadian Rockies
In Store on 03/15/2012 12:55:51 MDT Print View

I think they usually mail out the physical coupon that you can use in stores so I assume that would have a start date on it that might be enforced. I don't know. I haven't gotten my coupon yet. I just saw that someone had posted the code so I figured I would try using it online as programmers are lazy so its likely when they add coupons to the system they only put in expiry dates.

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Re: In Store on 03/17/2012 22:35:08 MDT Print View

I confirmed it today - you cannot use it in stores until the actual coupon shows up.

Chad Poindexter
(Stick) - F

Locale: Wet & Humid Southeast....
Re: 20% off coupon works now on 03/18/2012 10:38:13 MDT Print View

Thanks Greg...I wish I had realized this sooner...I have been sitting around waiting...anyway, it does work...I just ordered the Sawyer Squeeze for $47.89 (after the 20% coupon) using my dividend and a few other small items to get my order up to $50 for the free shipping.

(I saved $12.06 on the filter and $8.99 on shipping. Then after my dividends, I only spent $4 so I am a happy camper now... :) )

Art ...
(asandh) - F
Re: Re: 20% off coupon works now on 03/18/2012 11:59:42 MDT Print View

a lot of personal information on a very public forum.
guess not everyone's worried about privacy.

Open Space
(OpenSpace) - F

Locale: Upstate New York
Re: 20% off coupon works now on 03/18/2012 12:26:39 MDT Print View

Worked for me. Thanks for the info!

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: 20% off coupon works now on 03/18/2012 12:46:51 MDT Print View

OK, now that the coupon's in effect, when are they going to stock the NeoAir Xtherm???

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Re: Re: Re: 20% off coupon works now on 03/18/2012 13:22:15 MDT Print View

NeoAir XTherm is supposed to be release for sale by Thermarest on 4/1. REI will be able to sell it on or after that date.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: 20% off coupon works now on 03/18/2012 14:31:35 MDT Print View

Thanks. I have been wanting one of those VERY much (I hope that I will like the horizontal baffles, I know that I like the R-value).

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
REI Dividend Coupon on 03/18/2012 19:17:06 MDT Print View

Does anyone know if the dividend coupon is valid for bikes?

Randy Martin
(randalmartin) - F

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: Re: 20% off coupon works now on 03/18/2012 19:25:44 MDT Print View

"a lot of personal information on a very public forum. guess not everyone's worried about privacy."

What's to be worried about? No one is putting the credit card numbers out there.

Nigel Healy
(nigelhealy) - F

Locale: San Francisco bay area
Re: REI Dividend Coupon on 03/18/2012 20:03:17 MDT Print View

Typically no. Here's an example from an earlier such coupon

" Offer not valid on bikes, hard-shell boats, stand up paddleboards, any item with GPS technology, personal locator
beacons, skis, ski boots or ski bindings; snowboards, snowboard boots or snowboard bindings."

They do have bike sales through the year, a trick is that the sale is advertised from a certain date but the bikes are marked down just before you can can buy before the main rush of bargain hunters. I bought an REI-brand Novara bike last year using that method, and laid down a decent 5000 of hard hill mileage and no problems.

Edited by nigelhealy on 03/18/2012 20:15:34 MDT.

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Locale: MI
Re: REI Dividend? on 03/19/2012 19:12:09 MDT Print View

My dividend was $0.00. Thank me cottage industry.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: REI Dividend? on 03/19/2012 20:20:57 MDT Print View

$1.76 here. No REI within a 3 hour drive. Stocked up on fuel last time I was there.

Shane Duff
(falco) - F

Locale: South Eastern Sierras
Dividend and Coupons on 03/20/2012 10:56:00 MDT Print View

I feel like I made out fairly well. $20 dividend + 20% off of the Exped Schnozzel pumpbag + 20% off a Mt. Hardwear button up shirt in the outlet means everything for around $35 plus free shipping. I'm pretty excited to try out the pumpbag.

P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
About our REI dividend. on 03/22/2012 22:45:17 MDT Print View

Has anyone ever wondered if they are actually getting what they are supposed to be getting? As in there is no way I can look up my purchases from last year. And since I am a member, I always tell them that I don't need my receipt. It saves paper, blah blah blah. It makes me wonder...is REI keeping my money?

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: About our REI dividend. on 03/22/2012 22:50:07 MDT Print View

"As in there is no way I can look up my purchases from last year. And since I am a member, I always tell them that I don't need my receipt."

You just answered your own question. Get the paper receipt and take it home for storage in a cigar box. Keep the cigar box full for about 18 months, and then discard. For one thing, that gives you the ability to look up old purchases.

--B.G.--

Greg F
(GregF) - F

Locale: Canadian Rockies
Re: About our REI dividend. on 03/23/2012 19:02:17 MDT Print View

Well technically you would be keeping your money as REI is a coop therefore owned by its membership. Beyond that REI doesnt have to give a 10% dividend. Technivally the dividend is determined by the board and could be increased or decreased at any time based on company performance.

I would bet that their computer system makes errors on how they classify sale and outket items where you dont get a discount but i dont believe they would ever intentionaly cheat you

Daniel Cox
(COHiker) - F

Locale: San Isabel NF
Re: About our REI dividend. on 03/23/2012 19:45:51 MDT Print View

REI obviously keeps a record of your purchases. I've seen a print out of everything I bought on a certain day when I returned something. One could potentially get a print-out of all purchases since becoming a member if sales staff were accommodating.
If you have an REI Visa, that's pretty easily accomplished via monthly statement.

smith david
(smithdavid) - F
"REI Dividend?" on 03/25/2012 23:35:34 MDT Print View

Thank you for your information.....