Forum Index » Gear Deals » VaprLoft Quilts - M50/Apex/SevenDS

Display Avatars Sort By:
Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa)
Lessgearworks.com on 03/15/2012 09:40:30 MDT Print View

Lessgearworks.com
Preview my new website. Any feedback is welcome.

I am thinking of calling the quilt vaprloft. Let me know what you think.

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa)
Re: All in on 04/07/2012 11:30:43 MDT Print View

50m Apex roll is on the way!

S Long
(Izeloz)

Locale: Wasatch
Re: Lessgearworks.com on 04/08/2012 00:44:05 MDT Print View

I am interested in something like this. I will PM you.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Lessgearworks.com on 04/08/2012 08:24:47 MDT Print View

You have some grammar issues on your home page.

K C
(KalebC) - F

Locale: South West
RE: on 04/08/2012 08:53:50 MDT Print View

Does vapor barrier refer to the quilt not breathing? Does 7D breathe? What are the advantages of having a vapor barrier quilt?

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa)
Re: Re: Lessgearworks.com on 04/08/2012 09:27:51 MDT Print View

Hi Ken, can you please me help me out? What exactly is the issue? Thanks.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Lessgearworks.com on 04/08/2012 09:31:18 MDT Print View

The web site is malfunctioning and is a total waste of time.

--B.G.--

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Lessgearworks.com on 04/08/2012 09:33:32 MDT Print View

Welcome! LESS GEAR WORKS™ designs and builds the Lightest, Engineered backcountry gear on planet from State-of-art materials and techniques that is Simple to use. The gear you will find here pushes the limit of performance to weight ratio, helping you to pack LESS.

Welcome! LESS GEAR WORKS designs and builds the lightest engineered backcountry gear on the planet. Using state of the art materials and techniques that are simple to use. The gear you will find here pushes the limit of performance to weight ratio, helping you to pack LESS.

A little better?

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
web grammar on 04/08/2012 09:37:06 MDT Print View

Ken, I think you missed the point on his description. The words he chose to capitalize, spell out the acronym of his company name ("Lightest, Engineered, State-of-the-art, Simple"-->L.E.S.S), so intentionally grammatically incorrect. I agree with your other changes though. Here's my take:

"Welcome! LESS GEAR WORKS™ designs and builds the Lightest Engineered backcountry gear on the planet. By utilizing State-of-art materials and techniques that are user Simple, the gear we've built here pushes the limit of performance to weight ratio, helping you to pack LESS."

On another note--Bob, how is it exactly that you survive everyday social interaction?

Edited by Konrad1013 on 04/08/2012 09:45:54 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: web grammar on 04/08/2012 09:39:43 MDT Print View

Duh! Thanks Conrad. Didn't see that right away.

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa)
Re: Re: Lessgearworks.com on 04/08/2012 09:48:40 MDT Print View

Ken, no worries.

Regarding other changes: I agree that "using" is better then "from". But I think "gear" singular therefore I used "is". Correct me if I am wrong.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
oops on 04/08/2012 10:07:39 MDT Print View

Huzefa, I didn't realize that "state of the art" meant to modify the words "materials" AND "techniques."

I think the confusion lies in that both Ken and I thought you were saying that the techniques were simple to use, not that the Gear itself was simple to use. If you are referring to the Gear, which you seem to be, then yes, "is" is proper.

I would reword my original post to:

"Welcome! LESS GEAR WORKS™ designs and builds the Lightest Engineered backcountry gear on the planet. By utilizing State-of-art materials and techniques, we've created gear that pushes the limit of performance to weight ratio, while still remaining Simple to use. Our equipment helps you pack LESS."

**Sorry, I edited this last post like a gazillion times. But I promise, it's done, and in its final form :)

Edited by Konrad1013 on 04/08/2012 10:15:28 MDT.

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
website comment on 04/08/2012 10:17:42 MDT Print View

I would limit the page width to perhaps 800pixels, going the full width is too wide for easy visual consumption. Perhaps just the content in the white space can be limited to 800px?

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa)
Re: oops on 04/08/2012 10:25:10 MDT Print View

*Edited to prevent any misunderstanding*

Thanks Konrad.
That was actually a bit funny.

I like the final form. The only issue is that it is no longer a one liner. This means I can not put it at the bottom of every page.

Edited by huzefa on 04/09/2012 00:38:55 MDT.

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa)
Re: RE: on 04/08/2012 10:32:32 MDT Print View

Hi Kaleb,

>Does vapor barrier refer to the quilt not breathing? Yes
>Does 7D breathe? It does. The inner fabric is SevenDs which is silicone impregnated and therefore doesn't breathe.

>What are the advantages of having a vapor barrier quilt?

Good question. Without the VB, the quilt will be good 45f for most people. VB adds 5-10f warmth at no additional weight. Also you donot need a bivy with a VB quilt since shell has a very good DWR and there is no actual transport of sweat taking place from the body to the outside. I make my quilts 54" wide, which is enough to avoid drafts.

If you are interested in learning more about my quilts, contact me at huzefasid@gmail.com.

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa)
Re: website comment on 04/08/2012 11:33:39 MDT Print View

I tried this, but now I have forgotten to how to align everything to the center. I will look into it tomorrow.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: oops on 04/08/2012 12:21:45 MDT Print View

Thanks Konrad. A gold star for you.

Edited by kthompson on 04/08/2012 21:48:43 MDT.

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Lessgearworks.com on 04/08/2012 21:36:15 MDT Print View

Huzefa, are you going to work on that cuben fiber air pad again? Or is there a reason it didn't come to production. Seemed there was a bunch of interest (me included) when you posted about it.

Side note: "Engineered Backcountry Gear" has a nice ring to it. ;)

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: web grammar on 04/08/2012 21:39:54 MDT Print View

"On another note--Bob, how is it exactly that you survive everyday social interaction?"

Konrad, please explain.

When I looked at it, the web site was completely broken. I couldn't imagine why any webmaster would solict comments about it when it was that bad.

--B.G.--

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa)
Re: Re: Lessgearworks.com on 04/09/2012 00:08:00 MDT Print View

Hi Steve,

The original design used taped baffles which resulted in peel forces on the seems. I also tried sewn seams and many different adhesives but could not seal the sewn holes.

I have a new design where tape is under sheer and should be much stronger and reliable. The only issue is that I can't get a good seal around the valve. I have looked at making a custom valve but I have to buy 10000pcs. Thats why the project is on hold.

>Side note: "Engineered Backcountry Gear" has a nice ring to it. ;)

Yes :)