Integral designs still kicking
Display Avatars Sort By:
Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Locale: Canadian Rockies
Integral designs still kicking on 03/03/2012 18:06:30 MST Print View

Integral Designs looks like they have a ton of new stuff including a new 7oz $135 bivy made of pertex.

http://integraldesigns.com/

Edited by rcowman on 03/03/2012 18:27:42 MST.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Integral designs still kicking on 03/03/2012 18:12:32 MST Print View

No link?

Greyson Howard
(Greyhound)

Locale: Sierra Nevada
Integral Designs = Rab? on 03/03/2012 18:27:53 MST Print View

Look at the new Integral Designs tents and bivies, then look at the new Rab tents and bivies, and they appear to be identical. Anybody know what's going on?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Integral Designs = Rab? on 03/03/2012 18:43:10 MST Print View

RAB bought Integral Designs a while back. Thought they had killed off the ID brand.

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Re: Re: Integral Designs = Rab? on 03/03/2012 18:50:05 MST Print View

Integral Designs owns a bunch of contracts for EMS gear, search and rescue and RCMP in Canada. So I would think Rab would keep some form of the company active. The tents look different and so do some of the bivis. They're becoming GM. Exact same product different logo on it, and different sale prices...

Matthew Black
(mtblack)
Re: Re: Integral Designs = Rab? on 03/03/2012 18:50:42 MST Print View

ID still has their shelters up but the Thru-hiker jacket and other garments all disappeared after the buyout. Unfortunately I don't think RAB has too many things that are equivalent and they don't seem to have simply re-branded the ID stuff.

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Re: Integral designs still kicking on 03/03/2012 19:17:34 MST Print View

the tents are identical. the old MX series had the vent holes in the top now they dont and are the sam in pretty much every way. the bivis changes to look the same. they got rid of the event clothing because it wasn't "sales floor flashy" and unisex sizing.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Integral designs still kicking on 03/03/2012 19:50:34 MST Print View

The company that owns Rab (Equipment Outdoor Technologies) bought Integral Designs as well as Lowe Alpine.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Integral designs still kicking on 03/03/2012 20:04:03 MST Print View

"the tents are identical"

I am seeing some models that are not on the RAB site, or am I missing something? Maybe they will show up later.

ID was bought to permit some brand value in the North American market. I hope it works out for them.

VigilGuy indicated over at Trailspace that the new tents are severely lacking quality since Rab took over. One opinion but he does sell them.

Edited by FamilyGuy on 04/27/2012 21:59:50 MDT.

Dustin Short
(upalachango) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Integral designs still kicking on 03/03/2012 20:43:29 MST Print View

Huh? The lightest bivy I see is 18.5 oz (and ID states it's the lightest in their product line). Can you link directly to the model you reference?

And I agree with David, every Rab garment I've held (and the multitude of reviews online) have shown they are nothing but a quality producer of clothing and gear. They may not be cutting edge in all fronts, but they are top tier generally.

Ryan W
(mwilks) - F
Re: Re: Re: Re: Integral designs still kicking on 03/03/2012 21:11:20 MST Print View

Yeah their website is a bit wonky, it took me a while to find it.

Makeshift SL Bivy

www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?id=894&CFID=5181893&CFTOKEN=51327725

(sorry don't know how to do hot links on here)

I wish they had better pictures of it. Also not sure if the floor is the same material as the top?

John Whynot
(jdw01776)

Locale: Southeast Texas
Re: Re: Re: Integral Designs = Rab? on 03/03/2012 21:32:31 MST Print View

>>Integral Designs owns a bunch of contracts for EMS gear, search and rescue and RCMP in Canada

The announcements of the acquisition indicates that this portion of Integral Designs remains as an independant company owned by Evan Jones and other former ID employees, and called Integral Tactical...

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Re: Re: Integral Designs = Rab? on 03/03/2012 21:39:56 MST Print View

This is true, John.

www.integraltactical.com