Forum Index » Chaff » I have an extra ticket for Banff in Monterey tonight.

Display Avatars Sort By:
Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
I have an extra ticket for Banff in Monterey tonight. on 03/02/2012 08:55:53 MST Print View

I bought 3 and only need two. The event might be sold out otherwise; in Santa Cruz it was weeks in advance.
Anyways, it's a great show, at 7 pm at the Golden State Theatre. Tickets are on willcall at the counter.
I don't care about the money, I should be able to sell it there, but it's a fun event if someone wants to check it out.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: I have an extra ticket for Banff in Monterey tonight. on 03/02/2012 19:08:12 MST Print View

Ooh Ooh! Can I have it!

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
I have an extra ticket for Banff in Monterey tonight on 03/02/2012 20:43:10 MST Print View

Let us know how it is. I may go in Moab next week.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
How it was on 03/03/2012 01:05:16 MST Print View

It was fun, but I was disappointed in the quality of the video equipment. Nothing was really clear, sparkly and like it has been in the past. I was not the only one to notice ..... Since even the captions and credits for the different reels were fuzzy, I am blaming it on the theatre, because I sure hope it isn't like that everywhere. Other than that, out of the nine reels I really enjoyed 4, two were pretty good, two were ok and one I saw little value in. Each city gets a different selection, although some of the bigger award winners seem to make it into every show.
All and all what we saw was not as good as the previous two years, but those had set the bar pretty high for me.
The show sold out and the crowed cheered on and on and I still recommend it.

Oh, I almost forgot. 1200 people, almost all entered the free raffle and Libby won the 1st prize, a Thermarest 40th anniversary edition. Winners were asked to get up and yell out loud and she almost froze when she heard her name called.

Edited by Kat_P on 03/04/2012 17:51:49 MST.