Forum Index » GEAR » GPS with satellite image

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben Whitsett
(BenWhitsett) - F
GPS with satellite image on 03/01/2012 06:28:55 MST Print View

I know my application may be a little out of place, but I'm asking the people that would know. I work for an Agriculture Service in North Dakota and I use my iPhone google maps satellite hybrid to find fields I'm going to do work in. My boss was really impressed with my ability to find certain fields. I eventually told him how, with my iPhone. He now asked me to find a gps that we could put in some of our semis to help seasonal workers find fields. Does anybody know about a handheld gps or a "automobile" gps that has a hybrid satellite map setting? Thanks in advance for your help.

Will Webster
(WillWeb) - M
Delorme on 03/01/2012 07:12:08 MST Print View

The Delorme PN series lets you download aerial photography to your computer and then transfer it to the handheld for viewing in the field. If you have any GIS or draw data in Delorme's mapping program you can move that to the PN also. Not ultralight bit it works pretty well.

Mike W
(skopeo) - F

Locale: British Columbia
GPS with satellite image on 03/01/2012 09:39:03 MST Print View

This BPL Thread has some information about Garmin's Birdseye imagery. Several Garmin GPS units support this imagery which is downloadable and viewable on both your computer and GPS.