November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
i so wanted this to work
Display Avatars Sort By:
Zack h
(want2belite) - F
i so wanted this to work on 02/29/2012 17:16:59 MST Print View

bud mug

.8oz .....seemed cool but had no purpose.... Insulated cocktail mug?

Chase Norton
(Micronorton) - F
why no purpose? on 02/29/2012 17:32:22 MST Print View

I could think of many. What is the reason you said no purpose?

Ken T.
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: All up in there
Re: i so wanted this to work on 02/29/2012 17:51:13 MST Print View

is that a rubber band?
reflectix could be lighter.

Zack h
(want2belite) - F
bud mug on 02/29/2012 18:27:50 MST Print View

I just envisioned it being a cup to sip hot or cold beverages from but never made use of it....if it did have purpose I'd love to hear it, tea mug? I think I was daydreaming. The weight is nice and an alchy fuel bottle will fit in it.

Ken, unfortunately that is a rubber band.....if I could find silicone at that size it would be nice. I don't think I've tried hard enough. I'm not convinced reflectix would save on weight when given the tape, but I don't argue it would be more efficient.

Fyi, I also had a version of this in 24oz. Fits more stuff inside that's for sure

John West
(skyzo) - F

Locale: Borah Gear
Re: bud mug on 03/01/2012 10:02:32 MST Print View

If you ever wanted any sort of mug on the trail, that would be perfect. I used to carry a 12oz MGD can that would nest inside my heiney pot, and I would use it to drink coffee out of in the mornings.

(KalebC) - F

Locale: South West
RE: UL Bud Cozy on 03/01/2012 10:51:16 MST Print View

If you could prevent it from being crushed inside your main pot, it would make for a good coffee cup or in the winter you could make jagermeister snow cones? haha

Nick C.
(nixie) - F
re: UL Bud Cozy on 03/01/2012 13:30:44 MST Print View

They also fit nicely on the end of the small (16 oz.) nalgenes.