Forum Index » GEAR » PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)...

Display Avatars Sort By:
Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
PossumDown Gloves on 03/01/2012 12:03:55 MST Print View

Jhaura,
By the way, i'm glad you are sourcing the original BPL possum down gloves. It's nice to have options. Thanks for not gouging us on the price, too. If my cheapo ones don't work out, i will definitely be ordering a new pair from you.

M

Elisabeth Chaplin
(elisabitch.) - MLife
Mittens! on 03/07/2012 20:20:21 MST Print View

Specifically, I would love a pair of the convertible style, where they can fold back to reveal your fingertips. I ordered a pair from NZ, which were so so difficult to find at the time, and I carried them on my thru hike last summer. Yes, they definitely wore out -- my pair is patched with old socks and dental floss, but I still am wearing them on my morning walks. I didn't expect them to last forever, but I really have a tough time finding the convertible mitten style in any glove of my liking, so I am happy to replace them when need be -- assuming there's a source.

Bruce Tolley
(btolley) - M

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
PossumDown Gloves on 03/16/2012 21:55:21 MDT Print View

To the original poster, there are are no possum down gloves available on the site listed.

J W
(jhaura) - F

Locale: www.Trailability.com
Re: PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)... on 03/16/2012 23:01:40 MDT Print View

@Bruce, the post mentioned that we were checking interest levels for a bulk order from New Zealand. I'm happy to report that it looks like the demand is good. We've been preparing a new ecommerce site, and should have the gloves next month. I'll post here when they are in...

Edited by jhaura on 03/16/2012 23:03:14 MDT.

J W
(jhaura) - F

Re: PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)... on 03/28/2012 19:05:53 MDT Print View

T H E Y ' R E   H E R E !

Grab 'em while they're avail:
PossumDown Gloves for sale

$29.95 / pair + $2.45 Shipping (3.95 for 2 pairs). Total = $32.40. Tax only for California residents.

(For price comparison BPL sold theirs to Members for $30.80 + 5.95 Shipping. Nearest current price for this item is $28 + 8 Shipping + Tax from Cameleer.)

Beginning stock is:

S -- 5
M -- 10
L -- 10
XL -- 5

Cheers,

Jhaura

Ultralight backpacking gloves for sale.

Edited by jhaura on 04/23/2012 18:30:41 MDT.

Jace Mullen
(climberslacker) - F

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.
PossumDown Gloves on 03/28/2012 19:47:22 MDT Print View

BPL had a special "High Loft" blend I believe.

How do these compare to those?

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
PossumDown Gloves on 03/28/2012 19:48:25 MDT Print View

I received the ones I ordered from the link posted by Matthew Perry.
They look and feel exactly as the BPL purchased ones do (Thanks Matthew...)
Possumdown gloves
Note the different size.
I purchased the BPL in M size but are a bit small for my M sized hand (they stretch a bit) however the size in cm is accurate, so I would strongly suggest you ignore M/X/XL and that and just measure your hand.
I just went back to the original BPL order page and the chart was the same used by the NZ shop I bought them from as well as the one from the OP, so I would safely assume that they all come from the same factory.
Franco

Edited by Franco on 03/28/2012 22:34:29 MDT.

J W
(jhaura) - F

Re: PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)... on 03/29/2012 11:59:47 MDT Print View

Thanks Franco for the update. Good to know there is a second source available. However, those ship from New Zealand an have a longer delivery time and are still more expensive if you add in shipping (for us USA folks anyway. Aussies would be better off with your option).

NOW IN STOCK: Original PossumDown Gloves.

Ships from USA.

Edited by jhaura on 04/23/2012 18:31:18 MDT.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
PossumDown Gloves on 03/29/2012 14:49:24 MDT Print View

Jhaura
The shop I purchased them from had limited stock and it was a "clearance" line.
My post was to confirm that we are talking about the same gloves that BPL sold .
The std BPL price was higher than yours, not sure about postage within the US but I doubt that it was as low as $3...
Franco
(that 43 was meant to be $3..one of my fingers is faster than the other)

Edited by Franco on 04/01/2012 17:06:41 MDT.

J W
(jhaura) - F

Re: Re: PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)... on 04/01/2012 16:33:46 MDT Print View

Hi Franco, got it! Thank you for the clarification. Cheers mate.