Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
How many changes of clothes do you bring?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Richard Rini
(rarini) - MLife

Locale: Southeast
Zero on 02/28/2012 15:37:16 MST Print View

Zero - well except for 1 pair of underwear. For just in case...

Carl Zimmerman
(CarlZ993) - MLife
Mostly Zero on 02/28/2012 15:53:55 MST Print View

Extra pair of running shorts w/ liner (underwear), extra socks, and possibly long underwear to sleep in (for May in FL). Most "normal" trips (mountains), I add glove liners, knit cap, and insulating jacket (Montbell Thermawrap). I always pack some sort of rain gear (usually jacket & pants).

John Vance
(Servingko) - F

Locale: Intermountain West
Extras on 02/28/2012 16:52:37 MST Print View

No extra hiking clothes but I bring long top and bottom silkweight for camp/sleeping. I also have an extra pair of socks for hiking and alternate them on longer trips.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: How many changes of clothes do you bring? on 02/28/2012 17:26:02 MST Print View

"Zero." + zero + zero = Zero

Stephan Doyle
(StephanCal)
Huh? on 02/28/2012 17:38:56 MST Print View

I don't.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
How many changes of clothes do you bring on 02/28/2012 18:29:20 MST Print View

Socks, t-shirt and boxers as part of sleep system.

Ben F
(tekhna) - F
not much on 02/28/2012 18:37:43 MST Print View

Spare socks. And I bring long underwear and a sleepshirt. Mostly to keep body oil off my bag.

kevperro .
(kevperro) - F

Locale: Washington State
Uhhhh... on 02/28/2012 18:59:52 MST Print View

You got to learn to love your own smell. Either that or train your nose to ignore it.

Dustin Short
(upalachango) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: How many changes of clothes do you bring? on 02/28/2012 19:16:20 MST Print View

Zero

Aaron Croft
(aaronufl) - M

Locale: Alaska
Clothing on 02/28/2012 19:28:18 MST Print View

1-3 days: Just a spare pair of socks.

3+ days: Capilene top/bottoms for sleeping, spare pair of socks.

Elliott Wolin
(ewolin) - MLife

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia
RE: How many changes of clothes do you bring on 02/28/2012 19:41:52 MST Print View

I almost always share a quilt with my wife. Maybe I can learn to love my own smell, but she probably never will!

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
Re: RE: How many changes of clothes do you bring on 02/28/2012 20:24:13 MST Print View

Usually a Capilene shirt and Kuhl brand pants with a little stretch (replace with surprisingly drafty Patagonia rock climber pants for summer which roll up to shorts).

Packed? Just a pair of REI silk baselayers to keep my expensive Western Mountaineering sleeping bag clean, some REI polypro sock liners for sleeping in dry feet and emergency use too. For winter only, a set of older black Patagonia Capilene baselayers (pre-stink treatment) dedicated for sleeping.

Edited by hknewman on 02/28/2012 20:29:58 MST.

Ryan Elsey
(paintballswimguy) - F

Locale: Kansas City
odd question... on 02/28/2012 20:27:11 MST Print View

Zero, changes of clothes for me, for a hike of that length

I wear long underwear at night, but that doesn't really count as a change of clothes.

Also, i suggest merino wool. It doesn't smell so you don't ever have to put smelly clothes back on the next day :)

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Extras in hot weather on 02/28/2012 20:31:20 MST Print View

If its warm I'd at least bring spair underwear, changing seems to help with chaffing in hot weather.
I have a mesh synthetic shirt. It seems to hold in less oder than a noraml synthetic shirt. The bad thing is bugs can bit through it.

Steve B
(geokite) - F

Locale: Southern California
zero on 02/28/2012 20:34:36 MST Print View

Just spare socks and underwear, and sleeping clothes (wool long johns and silk long sleeve shirt).

Shirt from the day gets washed every evening, hung to dry.

Steve

Mike W
(skopeo) - F

Locale: British Columbia
How many changes of clothes do you bring? on 02/28/2012 21:01:33 MST Print View

Sometimes an extra pair of socks (to sleep in if cold temps are expected).

I consider my rain pants and rain jacket my spare clothes... they keep the skeeters off while washing out my clothes.