Forum Index » GEAR » K Cups

Display Avatars Sort By:
Mark Ries
(mtmnmark) - M

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
French press on 02/28/2012 06:50:18 MST Print View

I'm sure everyone knows that the jet boil french press works with the snowpeak 700 pot and that the regular jet boil lid works on the SP 700 as well, it snaps on very nice

Mark Ries
(mtmnmark) - M

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Re: K Cups? K Cups!!! on 02/28/2012 06:57:39 MST Print View

Chris I think everyone was waiting for Douglas Ide to open that one... or should I say unhook that one. But as we all know K cups are not ultralite and require custom pack shoulder straps so maybe open up a thread in chaff

Edited by mtmnmark on 02/28/2012 06:59:24 MST.

KEN LARSON
(KENLARSON) - MLife

Locale: Western Michigan
Turkish Cowboy Coffee on 02/28/2012 07:50:09 MST Print View

If you have not give Turkish Cowboy Coffee a try here's how:

(Excerpted from Ultralight Backpackin' Tips: 153 Amazing & Inexpensive Tips for Extremely Lightweight Camping by Mike Clelland!)

Turkish Cowboy Coffee#1

Turkish Cowboy Coffee#2

Randy Martin
(randalmartin) - F

Locale: Colorado
Starbucks VIA on 02/28/2012 08:13:37 MST Print View

If you are Backpacking I don't know how you have any other approach than Starbucks VIA. It has great flavor and ultralight. The only downside is the cost. Nescafe anyone? :)

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
K Cups on 02/28/2012 08:29:16 MST Print View

At home I use my DeLonghi Magnifica to make espresso shots, but on the trail I am more than satisfied with Folgers Singles. Why over-complicate things? Most on here aren't still doing involved, complicated cooking.

Gary L. Thompson
(covah) - MLife
Melita one cup pour overs on 02/28/2012 09:03:40 MST Print View

I use the Melita one-cup pour overs. They are approx $5.00 at grocery including some filters. They can make up to about 16 oz. of coffee. The Dr Drip pictured earlier appears to be a similar product. Melita makes both plastic and ceramic one-cuppers. Plastic is light and compact. They have a web site.

I have also carried concentrated cold brewed coffee. Convenient but heavier.

Stay caffeinated,

Gary