Forum Index » Chaff » why I haven't responded to emails

Display Avatars Sort By:
Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
why I haven't responded to emails on 02/24/2012 07:30:55 MST Print View

Hi Everyone...

I know that several of you have emailed me (or sent pm's through the BPL system) this week. I haven't responded, but I will sometime later next week.

You see, my brother died this week. He was 56 and he died of complications from a heart problem (in part heredity but also poor lifestyle choices). All three of my brothers are gone now and I am having a really difficult time with Dan passing.

I'm quite worried about my Mom who is almost 86. No one should have to bury their children, let alone three of them. She's been unwell for a long time and this is so difficult for her.

I'd really appreciate it if you could think of her today and send lots of positive vibes out into the universe (or prayers if that is what you believe) for her to find strength.

Thanks,
Laurie

Richard Cullip
(RichardCullip) - M

Locale: San Diego County
Sorry for your loss on 02/24/2012 07:37:18 MST Print View

I'm so sorry for you loss.

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
Life on 02/24/2012 07:46:46 MST Print View

Although everything feels dark right now Laurie, it will pass.
Stay positive, it is simply the wheel turning.
Memories never die.

Ike Jutkowitz
(Ike) - M

Locale: Central Michigan
re: why I haven't responded to emails on 02/24/2012 08:05:47 MST Print View

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how much your family's health problems have affected you over the years and I'm glad you've been able to turn it into something positive for yourself. The thoughts of many here will be with you during this difficult time.
Ike

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: why I haven't responded to emails on 02/24/2012 09:31:14 MST Print View

Laurie:

I am so sorry!! I will pray for you and your mother that you may be strengthened at this part of your life journey...

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: why I haven't responded to emails on 02/24/2012 09:54:15 MST Print View

Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose someone so close to you. You're a strong and courageous woman, and that will certainly help during this very difficult period. I'm sending all the warm and supportive vibes I can toward you and your mom.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Don't worry about e-mails right now on 02/24/2012 10:03:02 MST Print View

I'm so sorry for what you and your mom are going through now. This is the time to embrace the remorse, and to meditate on the memories. The only consolation for you is that at least you knew your brother. I had a brother that died two years before I was born, I always wished that I might have known him. You will be thought of today...

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: why I haven't responded to emails on 02/24/2012 10:06:35 MST Print View

Laurie, so sorry to hear about this. I know how hard it is to lose a family member; I can't even imagine how it is for your mom to have lost 3 sons. I suspect that a good deal of the strength that your mom finds will be in you, adding to your burden as well (and that you willingly shoulder this burden, as we must at these times).

Sending good vibes and wishes for the necessary strength for both of you to deal with this loss - and a virtual hug as well, if that helps.
Debbie

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: why I haven't responded to emails on 02/24/2012 10:37:02 MST Print View

Our thoughts and prayers go with you today

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
why I haven't responded to emails on 02/24/2012 12:15:47 MST Print View

Laurie, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother in this difficult time!

Kimberly Wersal
(kwersal) - MLife

Locale: Western Colorado
Re: why I haven't responded to emails on 02/24/2012 21:26:40 MST Print View

I'm so sorry for your loss! That's a terrible thing, to have to lose all your brothers so young... and for your Mom, I can't even imagine. All my thoughts and prayers for you and your Mom at such a difficult time.

Nick Brown
(ojsglove)

Locale: Highland Park
Loss on 02/25/2012 00:05:43 MST Print View

Very tragic, so sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and strength.

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
thanks for the condolences on 02/25/2012 11:57:15 MST Print View

Thanks everyone. I'm okay. This is going to sound cold but I am kind of mad at him for not taking care of his health. I seem to yo-yo from that to sorrow.

My biggest sadness in all of this is seeing how it is tearing up my Mom. It's like someone has ripped her heart out all over again.

Now that I am a mother, I think that it makes me understand a bit more but I honestly don't think that I could ever fully know how awful it is and I hope I never have to find out.

There is no visitation or service for him. He is simply being cremated and his ashes will be sprinkled, by his three sons, on an old abandoned racetrack that he spent many of his teenage years at. Dan was an avid Nascar fan and he had fond memories of the old track when my brother, Bruce, and he would go there. While I understand the want for this, it does make it hard for there to be closure for some of the family and friends.

So, instead of going to a funeral service, I ran. Quite literally. Our family went to the track and this was my best pace so far. I figure the running is good therapy. It clears my head.

I think I am going to plant a trail or make a donation to a trail in his name or something. I'll figure it out.

Thanks so much for keeping my Mom in your thoughts. She's a pretty incredible lady and so strong but I worry about her. I really do appreciate the prayers.