Can you edit the original post of a thread?
Display Avatars Sort By:
allen force
(yknott456)

Locale: Florida
Can you edit the original post of a thread? on 02/23/2012 10:46:19 MST Print View

I'm seeing posts that say you can and posts that say you can't. When I try clicking the "edit" icon of the original post it bring up a window to "add" a post. I just want to put the words "price drop" in the title for the thread/original post.

Al

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Can you edit the original post of a thread? on 02/23/2012 10:48:56 MST Print View

Click on the box at lower left with a pencil in it

Your original post will appear

Edit

Click on the "post message" button

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Can you edit the original post of a thread? on 02/23/2012 10:56:03 MST Print View

"I just want to put the words "price drop" in the title for the thread/original post."

You can change the title of the original post, you can't change the title of the thread. Those are two separate things.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Can you edit the original post of a thread? on 02/23/2012 17:06:53 MST Print View

As above...

What you cannot never change: thread title
What you can change: post title and body

When you start a post, you fill in the "Subject" box. This becomes the thread title and post title. These two titles start off one and the same.

After you posted, you can go back and edit the post title and body as many times as you want -- but not the initial thread title.

The unchangeable tread title shows up on the branch's listing of threads. The changeable post title shows up in the specific post itself.

Edited by ben2world on 02/23/2012 20:48:05 MST.