I want to improve my waterproof socks
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
I want to improve my waterproof socks on 02/23/2012 08:27:06 MST Print View

I have made a few pairs of waterproof socks and while they have worked, I am sure some improvements can be made in them and would like some assistance. I am really not trying to get into the business of selling them but more just have a few really good pairs for myself. Currently I am just using Toughtek for the soles and making the rest of it out of eVent and a channel on top for some shock cord and a toggle. The pattern is based upon the Rocky Gore-Tex socks. Is there something easier and/or better I could be doing?

Ultra Magnus
(Ultra_Magnus) - F
Re: I want to improve my waterproof socks on 02/23/2012 14:08:12 MST Print View

Sorry to be of no help, but I'm just curious as to how you seal up the stitching? Could you post pics?

BM

Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

sealing on 02/23/2012 20:57:44 MST Print View

I would put a pic up if I knew how. I just use the McNett's seam sealer.

Jack Hoster
(OrlandoHanger) - F
I want to improve my waterproof socks on 02/23/2012 21:10:26 MST Print View

I have to know...

Are yours truly waterproof?

Do you sweat a lot?

Odor?

Thanks you

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: I want to improve my waterproof socks on 02/23/2012 21:14:52 MST Print View

What exactly are you trying to improve? What is it you wish were 'better' than what you're currently making?

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: I want to improve my waterproof socks on 02/23/2012 21:25:36 MST Print View

Brett,
put the photos you want to upload on the computer's desktop, because they'll be easiest to find there. When you are creating a post, you'll see the "Insert image at Cursor" button just above the right hand side of the text box. Click that, and it will open up a window that has a button that says "choose file." Click that, and another window will open. In this window, you can navigate to different places on your computer to find the file you want. In this case your photo will be on the desktop. Select the photo you want, click "choose" (at least it says "choose" on my Mac), and that window should disappear, taking you back to the window where you clicked "choose file." Now hit the orange "Upload Image" button. It may take a few seconds, but soon some text will appear in the text box of your BPL post. That is the textual representation of your image you just uploaded.

Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

don't know yet on 02/23/2012 21:30:06 MST Print View

I really don't know what I want to improve yet because I don't know what ideas are out there. It is like driving a 86' Honda Civic hatchback in a world of them and then seeing a Delorean for the first time, you mind just could never conceive it. They still get you from point A to B but do it different ways where you might enjoy one way more.

But yes, they are waterproof and seam sealed. Or at least as waterproof as 3 layer eVent is. My feet don't sweat that much and there usually is not that much odor.

I will get a photo up but am quite tired now so it will be tomorrow morning.

The only really bad thing with them is they are a bit snug over full cushion boot wool socks and using the Chacos. I could always just make a more loose pair though.

Edited by bpeugh on 02/23/2012 21:33:20 MST.

Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

pic on 02/24/2012 10:20:03 MST Print View

Here is the pic
waterproof eVent socks