Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
MLD SoloMid Stripped Down Weight Sil or Cuben
Display Avatars Sort By:
J W
(jhaura) - F

Locale: www.Trailability.com
MLD SoloMid Stripped Down Weight Sil or Cuben on 02/23/2012 00:22:24 MST Print View

Can any SoloMid owners or Ron, confirm what the weight of the SoloMid is when stripped down as much as possible? (Removing line-locs, long guy lines, zip pulls, etc). The MLD site says this drops ~2oz from the weight. If you own cuben or sil please indicate and list the actual weighed on scale max stripped weight you achieved or feel it could be... Thanks!

wander lust
(sol)
line locs on 02/23/2012 01:35:13 MST Print View

I cannot comment on the weight savings.

But I wouldn't get ride of the line-locs.

They help you pitching your mid, especially if it is the silnylon one or you got to pitch it on uneven ground.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: MLD SoloMid Stripped Down Weight Sil or Cuben on 02/23/2012 02:41:45 MST Print View

I responded to you on facebook and just want to say I agree that removing the line-locs from a MID is just not a good choice.

John Frederick Anderson
(fredfoto) - F

Locale: Spain
MLD SoloMid Stripped Down Weight Sil or Cuben on 02/23/2012 04:16:23 MST Print View

My SoloMid in Cuben weighs 10.5 oz or 297 g and this includes linelocs and line supplied at purchase.
I agree with the above posters, and wouldn't remove the linelocs either. Great design as is.
Fred

J W
(jhaura) - F

Locale: www.Trailability.com
Re: MLD SoloMid Stripped Down Weight Sil or Cuben on 02/23/2012 10:21:03 MST Print View

Thank you everyone for you thoughtful replies. However, I did not ask about whether line locs are good. I just need the weight of the shelter.

@fredfoto The MLD site says the cuben weighs 9oz stock, yet yours weights 10.5oz. Are you including stuff sack and stakes?

Can someone who owns one, please weigh it with every non-permanently attached item removed? So no stuff sack, no guy line that is not sewn on, no stakes and no line locs if not perm attached.

Thanks

Edited by jhaura on 02/23/2012 10:21:41 MST.

John Frederick Anderson
(fredfoto) - F

Locale: Spain
Weight of SoloMid on 02/23/2012 12:50:58 MST Print View

Thats for shelter and linelocks and line only, no stakes or stuff sack. Mine is a couple of years old.
Cheers,
Fred

Jason G
(JasonG) - F

Locale: iceberg lake
solo mid on 02/23/2012 23:15:09 MST Print View

nm

Edited by JasonG on 08/17/2012 22:57:57 MDT.