November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Stoic Wraith Windshirt 2.5oz - 27.99
Display Avatars Sort By:
Bradford Childs
(Ford22) - F
Stoic Wraith Windshirt 2.5oz - 27.99 on 02/22/2012 14:13:00 MST Print View has the Stoic Wraith wind jacket 60% off. In yellow, L or XL.

christopher smead
(hamsterfish) - MLife

Locale: hamsterfish
WOW! on 02/22/2012 17:10:19 MST Print View

Can anyone comment on the breathability of this thing? Is it comparable to the houdini?

George Roefler
(Arizona) - F
Thanks on 02/26/2012 18:19:56 MST Print View

Thanks for the heads up Ford. $27.99, plus free shipping for a 2.5 oz hooded wind shirt is a great deal.

Jason G
(JasonG) - F

Locale: iceberg lake
free? on 02/26/2012 22:23:15 MST Print View

george, how did you get free shipping? i was thinkin of picking this up but it was $9 for shipping for me?

Dustin Short
(upalachango) - MLife
Re: WOW! on 02/27/2012 09:49:13 MST Print View

I can't comment on the Houdini, but the Wraith has pretty decent breathability. In +70F weather I barely sweat all weekend with it on. In direct sun though with a L/S I had to take it off. It does let in a small amount of air in a wind so should be pretty good.

My only gripe with the Wraith is that it's DWR doesn't stand up to AZ's fat rain drops. In most misty-drizzle rains like the rest of the world it's probably fine, but if you have really heavy rain drops in your area it will wet out surprisingly quickly. I may revivex mine to see if that helps the problem.

As for sizing, they are pretty snug with little stretch. I'm usually a 36-38" chest depending on climbing activity and in the small if I fully bring my arms across my body the back is tight and limits the extremes of arm mobility. Not really noticeable while hiking, but occasionally happens while climbing.

Add another $2.70 savings by signing up/using Mr Rebates and for $~25 this shirt really can't be beat!

(The above link does provide me with a small $$$ incentive but if for some reason you're against that or poor college kids ;) and still want the cash back go to directly)

Edited by upalachango on 02/27/2012 09:50:20 MST.