Forum Index » Gear Deals » GoLite Shangri-La 5 Sale

Display Avatars Sort By:
Chad Billsby
(Billz107) - MLife

Locale: Up North
GoLite Shangri-La 5 Sale on 02/22/2012 14:00:56 MST Print View

Ok, so I post this while taking the risk that I probably won't get to partake. The GoLite Shangri-La 5 bundle is on sale for $279 on their website, but is currently out of stock. I checked with the Boise store and they have several in stock. However, they can't take over the phone orders or ship their stock based from a website order. Ridiculous. So I am posting this pseudo deal, and asking if I can make any new friends near Boise or any other GoLite stores that have Shangri-La 5 bundles in stock. I am willing to PayPal you a little extra for your troubles.

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
oh wow on 02/23/2012 10:48:12 MST Print View

I want to make a new friend too : ) Thats one hell of a deal..

Thomas Budge
(budgthom) - F

Locale: Idaho
permanent price reduction on 02/23/2012 11:29:56 MST Print View

I had a person at Golite customer service tell me that Golite is changing is marketing approach and reducing prices permanently. I think she said the SL-5 was going to be in the high $200s so this may be a permanent deal.

Rod Lawlor
(Rod_Lawlor) - MLife

Locale: Australia
Me Three on 02/23/2012 12:27:53 MST Print View

At that price, it's time to replace the Megamid with a shiny yellow ShangriLa.

And maybe even a 2 for the kids.

Mine would need to get posted to Australia though.

Is this an inappropriate use of the member map???

Han Ngiam
(hanngiam) - F
Re: GoLite Shangri-La 5 Sale on 02/29/2012 13:46:17 MST Print View

Called customer service few days ago to place and order and they had a few instock. Delivery was speedy.

Stuart .
(lotuseater) - M

Locale: 40°N,-105°W (Near enough)
Not any more on 02/29/2012 14:18:03 MST Print View

As of today Shangri-La 5 bundles (fly and nest) are $399, whether you buy on the website or in one of the company's retail stores. After a few months of confusing pricing policies, Golite have dropped their prior retail distribution and have a uniform pricing policy in the locations you can buy their products.