Forum Index » Gear Deals » Ibex, Icebreaker & Smartwool @ EMS.com outlet

Display Avatars Sort By:
Bobby Jones
(BobbyJones) - F
Ibex, Icebreaker & Smartwool @ EMS.com outlet on 02/22/2012 09:02:57 MST Print View

EMS has added an additional 20% off all items in their online outlet store.

I thought my deal last week for an Ibex Shak Jersey @ $75 was good... ordered another today for $60.

Similar deals on Limited Icebreaker and Smartwool pieces.

Kim Pingatore
(tryker13) - M

Locale: Close to the AT in Central VA
EMS.com outlet on 02/22/2012 21:59:23 MST Print View

The outlet has a sock deal of buy 3 pairs, get the 4th pair free. Just picked up some Darn Tough socks!

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
quantum hoodie! on 02/22/2012 22:36:39 MST Print View

yes, quantum hoodie for $77!! been wanting this as a mid layer for a while now, thanks!!

Gregg TARAYAN
(habakkuk) - F
EMS clearance on 02/25/2012 10:42:37 MST Print View

Got myself Icebreaker Quantum hoody - can't go wrong at that price. I think I grabbed the very last one in size Large.

Peter James
(pbjames) - F - M

Locale: High Sierra
Re: quantum hoodie! on 03/06/2012 23:46:59 MST Print View

I just had one of these delivered in medium, but the fit is too tight around the neck for me. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Andrew Jennings
(breaktheshoal) - MLife

Locale: West of the Mississippi
Medium? on 03/07/2012 07:25:05 MST Print View

Hey Peter,

I'm interested in the hoodie, but can't seem to find a sizing chart anywhere. Could you give me your measurements so that I can get an idea as to whether it would fit me or not? Since it's too tight in the neck, do you happen to know your neck measurement? I wear a 16-34 (neck, arm length) dress shirt and am a 40R in a sport coat.

Thanks!

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

quantum hoodie neck on 03/07/2012 09:40:10 MST Print View

I've found the neck area "stretches" a fair amount over a brief time. I've found mine has done so enough to be comfortable but not become so loose as to allow for wind to penetrate. It did not take long for me, I wear a 15.5/16 neck.

that said, I love this jacket so so much...

Andrew Jennings
(breaktheshoal) - MLife

Locale: West of the Mississippi
Did you go with the large? on 03/07/2012 09:49:19 MST Print View

Thanks for the input Steven... Did you go with the medium or the large?

Peter James
(pbjames) - F - M

Re: Medium? on 03/07/2012 12:51:06 MST Print View

You're a fair bit bigger than I, at at 14.5" neck and 32" arm.

It's interesting to see that it loosens up a bit over time, but I don't think I want to deal with the pressure of the zipper on my adams apple until it does.

Also, the material is both heavier, yet seemingly not as warm as Patagonia R1. I understand that there are other benefits to merino, but they seem to apply better as a base layer, than a mid layer, for my purposes.

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Re: Did you go with the large? on 03/07/2012 19:34:27 MST Print View

I went with the medium. It is the downside with IB gear that so few stores carry their gear for you to try on.

Jesse Austin
(jaustin) - F
Hoody on 03/08/2012 21:47:47 MST Print View

Do you still have the hoody for sale?

Peter James
(pbjames) - F - M

Re: Hoody on 03/08/2012 23:16:33 MST Print View

Yeah, I was going to send it back to EMS tomorrow. Shoot me an email to peter@pbjames.com if you'd like me to pass it on to you instead.