4th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2012: Henry Coe State Park
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: 4th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2012: Henry Coe State Park on 03/06/2012 16:44:53 MST Print View

No removing the photos...warts and all!

Angus A.
(mangus7175) - F

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com
Re: 4th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2012: Henry Coe State Park on 03/06/2012 17:20:51 MST Print View

I truly enjoyed everyone's pictures and wished that I had a chance to attend this event. I hope that I can join in on the next event.

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Locale: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Re: 4th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2012: Henry Coe State Park on 03/07/2012 00:11:55 MST Print View

As for how many stoves you have- your passion is our benefit. People really enjoyed your collection and the ability to see them hands on.

I very much appreciated your showing me your Soto canister stove and then being able ot fire it up to see the flame pattern of dispersion.

Face it....you are a great resource for the rest of us to learn from!
Thank you for saying that. I know I really like seeing gear "in person" and that there's no substitute for holding a piece of gear in your own hands and seeing the gear in use. I try to make my blog as close to seeing the gear in actual use as I can.

Hopefully I didn't take too much room up from those people who weren't geeking out on the stoves.

Great gathering, and a big thank you to all who attended and who made it possible!

HJ
Adventures In Stoving

Linda Vassallo
(eastbayhiker)

Locale: Eastbay
Re: 4th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2012: Henry Coe State Park on 03/08/2012 21:56:34 MST Print View

What a great gathering and event! Thank you everyone for posting your photos. A very thorough report and photo log Tony. Great job as always. I like the included links to the gear websites. I do indeed regret that I could not attend this year but plan to attend next year.
-Linda