MontBell Ultralight Down Jacket Size
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tord Nilsen
(tonito) - F
MontBell Ultralight Down Jacket Size on 02/18/2012 08:08:56 MST Print View

Hi there. My first post...

I am looking into buying a MontBell UL down jacket. But here in Norway we have no dealers therefor I have to buy from a US webshop. I think it will be Amazon, if no one have any better suggestions.
But to my question. I am not sure about witch size I should buy. Does anyone have this jacket give me a hint about size.

My measurements are:
Shoulder to shoulder 55cm
Around chest: 110cm
Around navel:107 (yes I know)
Shoulder to where the hand begins: 53cm

I don't think it should be a very tight fit, cause I need a layer underneath the jacket.

Thanks in advance.

Jason Cravens
(packpack)

Locale: Cumberland Plateau
size on 02/18/2012 08:57:45 MST Print View

Welcome...

I have one of these I wear often. I am not sure of my exact measurements, but I typically wear large jackets/coats. I bought a large and find that it fits me well. That being said, I think they are true to size or fairly close if you plan on wearing a thinner layer underneath. Ordering from Mont Bell directly or even shopping the gear swap section on this site might save you some money.

Art Tyszka
(arttyszka) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Get a XL on 02/18/2012 11:00:10 MST Print View

Tord, I just did the quick conversion and around your naval is 42" - about the same as me. I wear the XL and it has more than enough room to layer and leave enough space for air to be trapped. I think you'd fit in a L, but it would be tight. Great jackets, you'll love it.

Tord Nilsen
(tonito) - F
Thanks Art Tyszka on 02/18/2012 11:14:08 MST Print View

Thanks Art Tyszka. Then I only need to find a way to get it shipped to me. Seems like they are not shipping to Norway at all. Not from Amazon or other places.