Anyone have any AT/PCT DVDs I can borrow?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Damien Tougas
(dtougas) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Gaspé Peninsula
Anyone have any AT/PCT DVDs I can borrow? on 02/15/2012 17:45:26 MST Print View

We are thinking of embarking on a thru-hike in a couple of years. Does anyone have any DVDs or movies about the AT/PCT that they would be willing to lend me? I would love to check out some of these for information and inspiration...

P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
PCT on 02/15/2012 20:15:10 MST Print View

Damien: I have the Nat Geo PCT dvd. I can easily burn you a copy and mail it out to you.

As for the AT...if you are a Netflix subscriber, you can find the Nat Geo AT video and stream it from there.

Piper S.
(sbhikes) - F

Locale: Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
Re: Anyone have any AT/PCT DVDs I can borrow? on 02/15/2012 20:18:36 MST Print View

http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2009-April/026207.html

Also, just do a youtube search. There are millions of them.

Dirk Rabdau
(dirk9827) - F

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Walking the West on 02/15/2012 22:53:26 MST Print View

Is available online. It's excellent and provides in my mind was a very accurate treatment of the subject. It's a long hike - some days are good, some are tough, but all beat the office.

Walking the West

Edited by dirk9827 on 02/15/2012 22:56:51 MST.

Damien Tougas

Re: Anyone have any AT/PCT DVDs I can borrow? on 02/16/2012 04:19:14 MST Print View

Piper: Thanks for the suggestion. I think my ISP must be blocking bittorrent traffic, because I just tried to download it and couldn't get any of the downloads to work. :-(

Dirk: Yes, I found that one already. Thanks for the suggestion.

Scott S
(sschloss1) - F

Locale: New England
Squatch's PCT movies on 02/16/2012 06:44:18 MST Print View

Squatch's 4 PCT movies (Walk, Still Walking, Even More Walking, and Walked) are available for rental on Amazon for $2 apiece. They're light-hearted and entertaining.

Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

Locale: Nebraska
WALK on 02/16/2012 07:41:35 MST Print View

I have the first 3 WALK movies by squatch. You can borrow them if you want.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested

Damien Tougas

Re: Squatch's PCT movies on 02/16/2012 15:14:38 MST Print View

Unfortunately, living in Canada, Amazon movie rentals currently are not available to us here :-(

Piper S.
(sbhikes) - F

Locale: Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
Re: Re: Anyone have any AT/PCT DVDs I can borrow? on 02/17/2012 15:23:26 MST Print View

Seriously do the youtube search because all these videos are basically the same and the only difference is the production quality.