Alternatives for Rab Jacket?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
Shiiping charges on 02/17/2012 00:31:17 MST Print View

@Nigel. If you go onto their site you can put something in the shopping cart you can see the exact shipping charge before having to make any payment.

Nigel Healy
(nigelhealy) - F

Locale: San Francisco bay area
Re: Shiiping charges on 02/17/2012 00:53:10 MST Print View

thanks. As it happens I have some OMM Kamleika pants wearing down and I did a test purchase, £86.99 for delivery within UK became £78.94 delivery to USA, so generally in line my experience that for these higher-end items, its cheaper to buy in USA than in UK due to the slightly higher postage costs offset by substantially lower tax.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: Boreas on 02/17/2012 07:11:05 MST Print View

@Stephan:
I'm not the best help there. I've never owned or run in anything made by a "running" company in terms of soft shells.

I've used the following:
Patagonia R1 hoody: way too hot to run in for most conditions I live in, also got a bit heavy when wet. Sold it long ago.
Patagonia Cap1 Long sleeve: this is typically one of the layers I use for colder weather.
T shirt + arm warmers + beanie: my usual cold combo

Windshirts:
Currently a Patagonia Houdini: great in cold weather, breathes a bit better than my old Montbell Tachyon Anorak. Got the Houdini for a full zip for better venting options.

S Long
(Izeloz) - M

Locale: Wasatch
Re: Squamish on 02/17/2012 08:52:28 MST Print View

I have loved my Squamish for alpine stuff. I know Dane from Cold Thistle likes and uses his a lot too. It's a cool fabric. It's ever so slightly stretchy and not crinkly like a lot of wind shirt fabric. The DWR is excellent too. It holds up to abrasion decently and is pretty resistant to punctures. It kinda stretches rather than tears. I've had it a little over a year now with three decent alpine climbing trips under its belt and it's still going strong. When it dies I will likely buy another. Back to the original topic, I have the luxury of waiting a little while until the new Demands are in stock so I will just do that I suppose. I would also still like to try on the Quasar pullover from MH to see how it fits.

Stuart .
(lotuseater) - M

Locale: 40°N,-105°W-ish
Rab Demand in Medium available on 02/17/2012 17:22:39 MST Print View

Mountain Outfitters in Breckenridge, CO have a small number of Rab Demands in stock, in Maya Blue. Their storewide sale started today. I just picked up a Demand in large this afternoon, and they did have a medium at the same price. If you're interested, they've pulled it aside for you. Just give them a call at 970 453 2201 and they'll happily take your order and ship it to you. Alex was the person I spoke to.

Edited by lotuseater on 03/14/2012 10:37:29 MDT.