Forum Index » GEAR » Exofficio quality.

Display Avatars Sort By:
P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
Exofficio quality. on 02/13/2012 13:03:00 MST Print View

Anyone have extensive experience with Exofficio clothing? I have been a long time faithful of another company, but as of late, the quality seems to be going down hill. They still offer a few pieces worth buying again, but I'm looking to move on.

I don't mind paying a pretty penny for an article of clothing, just as long as I know it will last me 3 or 4 years. (Keep in mind, I tend to wear the same clothes all the time. I don't wash it unless it's really needed and I see no need to change clothes everyday). =)

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Exofficio quality. on 02/13/2012 13:06:57 MST Print View

I have been very happy with the quality. Have one pair of pants that are over 25 years old. Kind of pricey though, unless you consider dollar cost average per year.

Ben Crocker
(alexdrewreed) - M

Locale: Kentucky
High quality on 02/13/2012 13:12:00 MST Print View

My experience has been good too. Well made.

Ben Wortman
(bwortman)

Locale: Nebraska
Good on 02/13/2012 13:24:40 MST Print View

I bought several articles off sierra trading post at 50% off (briefs and a shirt) They are great. I especially like the fact that they don't stink after an hour on the trail like underarmour stuff.

Edited by bwortman on 02/13/2012 13:25:24 MST.

P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
Re: Re: Exofficio quality. on 02/13/2012 13:32:15 MST Print View

@Nick: I would rather buy from a pricey company whose clothes lasted a long time than a pricey company that somehow have changed to making garbage (Ahem, Pat ahem, agonia). Hence the reason I want to look for another company.

Glad to hear good reviews of them. Anyone else?

Nathan Watts
(7sport) - MLife
Re: Good on 02/13/2012 13:33:03 MST Print View

I too have found the few pieces that I own (also purchased at a steep discount from STP) to be of excellent quality

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
Very good! on 02/13/2012 14:06:11 MST Print View

I have convertible pants from them that I've worn hiking for several years. The only thing wrong with them now is some pine pitch spots I for from sitting on a slightly fresh log!

Tyler Barcelli
(youngster) - M

Locale: Southeast
Re: Exofficio quality. on 02/13/2012 14:06:57 MST Print View

You simply cannot beat their Give-N-Go Briefs. As light a materials they are, all my pairs have held up surprisingly well. I also find that they go on sale more than Patagonia.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Re: Exofficio quality. on 02/13/2012 14:09:22 MST Print View

> You simply cannot beat their Give-N-Go Briefs.
And they have even been reviewed here at BPL!
Yeah, mine keep lasting.

Cheers

ed hyatt
(edhyatt) - MLife

Locale: The North; UK
brief encounters on 02/13/2012 14:52:53 MST Print View

Their briefs are great - I even pay the vast price of importing them to the UK!

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
Exofficio quality. on 02/13/2012 16:17:39 MST Print View

I picked up a couple pair of Ex-Officio women's briefs 4 years ago to use for a long backpacking trip. I liked them so much that I bought several more pair and have been using them for everyday wear. They are still holding up just fine!

Edited by hikinggranny on 02/13/2012 16:18:19 MST.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Exofficio quality. on 02/13/2012 18:08:39 MST Print View

A while back I posted a thread on old clothes

Click Here

I have worn these on many, many trips. Over the years I have collected at least a dozen pair Ex Officio shirts and pants, when they were on sale. The problem is that the first pair are still in excellent condition. So I quit buying them because I will die before I wear out my inventory.

A couple years ago I bought two pair of their boxer briefs for backpacking trips. I was going to buy more, but then figured they weren't going to wear out anyway.

Nowadays I normally wear a T shirt and shorts, rail rider Eco Mesh shirt and pants, or Mountain Hardware Canyon Pants on trips. Nothing wrong with the Ex Officio, but these other options I like better.

But the Ex Officio items are great for travel when I need to wear business casual. Easy to wash in a hotel and they drip dry overnight without any wrinkles... so they have gotten a lot of use. I also wear them around town and to social functions when the ball and chain won't let me wear T Shirt, shorts, and flip flops :(

Nate Powell
(powell1nj) - F

Locale: North Carolina
re: Exofficio quality on 02/13/2012 18:18:13 MST Print View

Howdy,

Thought I'd chime in here as well. I originally bought some of the give-n-go boxer briefs for backpacking/traveling. Best undies ever. I have since bought a bunch of them and they're all I ever wear. Yeah, they're pricey but they're of the highest quality and are oh-so comfy. I have a friend who swears by their Air Strip shirts as well. Worth the extra cashflow in my opinion.

george carr
(hammer-one) - F

Locale: Walking With The Son
RE:Exofficio quality on 02/13/2012 18:49:26 MST Print View

I have been a long time fan of the airstrip shirt. My oldest is about 6-7 years old and still going strong. Definitely worth the money.

Ben Whitsett
(BenWhitsett) - F
good stuff on 02/14/2012 08:16:17 MST Print View

Briefs are awesome... 2 or 3 days before wash, wash easy and dry super quick. Exodry shirts are also very awesome!