I know it's all subjective.
1. We both have done a bit of hiking, around 250 miles in the last two years.
2. Most of this has been in Sequoia and Grand Canyon.
3. Our longest day was 17.5 hours in the Grand Canyon, to the river and back in a day. 4. Our longest trip has been 5 days.
5. We plan to go sometime around the last week in August or first week in Sept.
6. My pack weight will be around 25, but J's is usually heavier, as he likes to bring extra stuff.
7. We both get up with or a little before the sun.
We also tend to move at a slower pace, but taking few breaks. Breaking every other hour for 10 to 15 minutes. I feel like we could speed our pace as we become more conditioned to trail, but the trail also increases in it's intensity.
I feel confident that we can cover the entire distance with 15 long travel days, just looking for confirmation from someone who has been on this trail.