November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
new hanger introduction
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kevin Babione
(KBabione) - MLife

Locale: Pennsylvania
Using Toggles on 02/13/2012 06:29:21 MST Print View

When using toggles with Whoopie Slings keep in mind that the toggle is holding the knot in place and IS NOT bearing the weight of the hammock. I also bought my toggles from AHE - they're basically cut pieces of arrow shaft and would fold in half quickly if I put the loop of my whoopie sling over them.

You certainly could use a stick or other piece of wood for this purpose, but I keep my toggles attached to my tree straps and thus they're always just where I need them.

Eric Braun
(Dukedante) - F
Re: Re: Re: Dutch Clips on 02/13/2012 07:17:40 MST Print View

Dutch has his own website:

Justin Nelson
(jnelson871) - MLife

Locale: CA Bay Area
Re: Re: Re: Re: Dutch Clips on 02/13/2012 09:35:49 MST Print View

I looked there and dutch clips were the only product I didn't see. Ended up ordering them from JRB

Johnny Duke
(jd1987) - F
toggles and such on 02/19/2012 11:33:33 MST Print View

I cut my own toggles from aluminum arrow shafts that weigh .1oz for the pair. I've also used sticks to hold a Marlin spike hitch (MSH) which works fine if done correctly. The toggle doesn't have to hold weight but it does have to hold the knot. I use amsteel huggers and if I don't snug the MSH tightly on the toggles, then when I get in the hammock the toggle will break - so watch out.

Also whoopies are super easy and provide great adjustability. I recommend them.