I now have a good bit of wear and tear on these poles (140 hard km's).
- Have not broken yet - I put them through tough conditions
- Do not slip nearly as often as Ti Goat poles (at least the 2011 model of them). Only slipped 2-3 times on a very tough 9 day hike
- They seem strong, are comfy and are light
- One tip has already fallen off, the other is loose and will soon fall out\
- Need to be very tight not to slip
- Very hard to loosen. Sometimes took me 5 mins and I could imagine some people could not loosen them at all. I probably couldn't loosen them if they are icy or slippery
Summary - I would like these poles much much more if they had flick locks or something similar. Besides this and the issues with the tips, they are really nice poles. I still much prefer these to very light weight poles - but would consider something else that is light but with flick locks. Does something like this exist??