Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
SevenD
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Cheifetz
(mike_hefetz) - MLife

Locale: Israel
SevenD on 02/04/2012 17:37:13 MST Print View

Is the infamous 7D only the stuff sold by TiGoat?

Dustin Short
(upalachango) - MLife
Re: SevenD on 02/04/2012 20:08:31 MST Print View

There are plenty of options for 7D fabric. Pertex Quantum is one of the more commonly used by big brands. The trade name "SevenD" is a 7 denier (technically 7d by 10d) fabric offered by TiGoat and is pretty much the only 7d fabric made available for the MYOG community. Thru-hiker has some similar products in this weight category but one is of unknown denier (M50) and the other is a 10d (M55)

Michael Cheifetz
(mike_hefetz) - MLife

Locale: Israel
so all tigoat on 02/05/2012 04:06:17 MST Print View

So what you are saying is that if i buy a bag form cottage mfg (joe, ben etc) they are sourcing it form Tigoat?

do you happen to know the "official" designation of the relevant pertex quantum fabric (i see TNF has it) no one is selling this even in uk?

Josh Leavitt
(Joshleavitt) - F

Locale: Ruta Locura
SevenD on 02/06/2012 00:21:00 MST Print View

Michael

Yes, the 7D(SevenD) fabric being used by US cottage manufactures, is coming from Titanium Goat.

Colin Krusor
(ckrusor) - M

Locale: Northwest US
SevenD on 02/06/2012 10:48:42 MST Print View

Josh, any idea when the 7x7d silnylon might become available to the MYOG crowd? I realize that you are no longer directly involved with everyday operations at TiGoat, but I thought you might have a guess.

Josh Leavitt
(Joshleavitt) - F

Locale: Ruta Locura
SevenD-s on 02/06/2012 12:01:12 MST Print View

It wont be available until summer. I am holding it hostage ;-) Until then it will be available in products built by myself and a couple of other cottage manufactures.