Forum Index » GEAR » is this lafuma brand bag ok?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Damn SAC on 02/22/2007 17:08:18 MST Print View

I guess I should add that I'm 5'10", and advancing age has me drifting up to around 200#. So your mileage with the Lafuma may vary. Shoot, for $34, order, try it on, and send it back it it's too small.

And I never should have loaded that stinkin' SAC pop up on my computer!! They are nickel and diming me to death. A Marmot Never Winter popped up a minute ago for $79, and like an addict, I whipped out the debit card....

Brett .
(Brett1234) - F

Locale: CA
Me too, Joe; re;SAC crack on 02/22/2007 19:11:59 MST Print View

I check it several times a day, and they use what is basically one-click shopping so checkout is about 10 seconds. ..$49 XLA 210gram ice axes, merino wool, TNF Hyvent; my friends and relatives all got SAC birthday gifts.

Jane McMichen
(jmcmichen) - F

Locale: Maine, DownEast Coast
Recon is here! on 02/24/2007 11:29:40 MST Print View

Got the Recon today. Wow! It's my first light bag and I'm impressed. Roomy for me, comfy, and seemed to get toasty very quickly. I'm sure I'll learn a lot about it over the next week or so. Does anyone know if it will cause any damamge to spray a little Static Guard on it? We have cats and - wham! - right out of the box the Recon attracted stray hair like a magnet. Also, any tips for properly stuffing the bag into the stuff sack? Do's and don'ts?

I'm definitely a happy camper today! BTW, Brett, did you receive my email reply about the snugpak?

Edited by jmcmichen on 02/24/2007 11:30:45 MST.

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Stuffing on 02/24/2007 14:26:31 MST Print View

Mountain Hardware has a good web page on how to stuff a bag.

Jane McMichen
(jmcmichen) - F

Stuffing on 02/24/2007 15:55:53 MST Print View

Thanks Joe!

Brett .
(Brett1234) - F

Locale: CA
Jane, please resend it.. on 02/24/2007 19:46:10 MST Print View

..last message I have is that you are discussing it with your SO.
Thanks.

Jane McMichen
(jmcmichen) - F

Brett on 02/25/2007 11:55:21 MST Print View

We'll take it. Just ship it when you get Stateside if that's OK with you. Want PayPal now with guesstimated shipping?

Kirk Olson
(kirkols) - F

Locale: Florida and Seattle
Bag report on 07/05/2007 18:30:48 MDT Print View

The Lafuma Warm 'n Light 600 down bags performed better than I expected. Though they are rated to 40 degrees, two boys (12 and 14) reported that they were warm at 35 degrees in the Sawtooths last week. They did have thermals, hats and socks and were in a single wall tent. I suspect they are both relatively warm sleepers.

Jane McMichen
(jmcmichen) - F

Re: NEW Bag report on 07/06/2007 08:51:43 MDT Print View

Thanks Kirk! I'm keeping my eye on the Warm 'n Light bags for when I'm a little more experienced and feel comfortable with down instead of synthetic.